GDT: Pens vs. Sabres Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Those idiots in the stands couldn't wait a few more mins for the game to be over? How bout a standing ovation to appreciate the streak? Morons

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
OK

(no kidding, he's only the greatest player in the world) does that excuse the rest of the team from being sloppy?
(Obvious, a little less so)
(d'oh) oh wait, "small sample size"...
(d'oh) "small sample size"...
(d'oh) he's worthless to this team when he's in the penalty box, and he gets himself into some pretty bad situations because of his stupidity, so what was wrong with my critique of this?
(see #1) for someone who was considered by many as the best player in the world as early as last year, he's looked sloppy, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt because of injuries and all that. still, his ineptitudes are not erased or excused just because Crosby is better.
(small sample size, inconclusive) they're not the most penalized team, but their discipline doesn't help them and hasn't all season
(bad game, small sample size). i'll give you this one, but i'm not liking what i've seen from Niskanen lately, "small sample size" or not

answered in bold

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. They started out with insanley good scoring chances and could not convert. Vokoun looked shaky from the outset.

Penalty trouble all game.

Still need to fix the lines with Crosby out.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Hate to say it, but that Niskenan eff-up effed the game . . . They never recovered

Yeah, I agree. I hate to put it all on Nisky and obviously they should have been able to recover from that one bad goal but everything seemed to be working in the Pens favor up until that point. Iginla made a great play to get back and calmly kick the puck out of danger and for a reason that we'll probably never know Nisky throws it blindly behind him into the center of the ice. It just seemed like Vokoun deflated a little and it either gave Buffalo life or killed the Pens momentum. It seems wrong to say but I don't think they lose tonight if not for that.

On a positive note. We didn't help the Flyers gain any ground by beating Buffalo. So that is that bright side. I'm also glad that if the streak had to end it was Buffalo and not one of our many enemies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
due for a ho hum game. Crosby out is an adjustment but Kennedy just can't play center and Bylsma is a dope for doing so. If healthy Crosby and Letang make a big difference in the playoffs. Some nights you don't get the bounces. Actually a small swoon would be welcome.

Bengui

Jul 24, 2009
Those idiots in the stands couldn't wait a few more mins for the game to be over? How bout a standing ovation to appreciate the streak? Morons

When you get a 15 wins streak, you applaud the 15th win, not the first loss.
ps : With a post like that, you're really not in position to call anyone an idiot or a moron.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
answered in bold

Answers? :) My point is 1) you're comments are either brutally obvious, 2) irrelevant due to the fact you can't really draw conclusions legitimately based on a couple anecdotal incidents, and (importantly, pay attention), 3) you, and others, need to be able to deal with the fact that your hockey team had a bad game. It's a maturity thing...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
When you get a 15 wins streak, you applaud the 15th win, not the first loss.
ps : With a post like that, you're really not in position to call anyone an idiot or a moron.

:laugh:

What you're saying is no team in the history of sports has ever been giving a standing ovation for their accomplishments( whatever it may be ) after a loss?

Ok.

I'll counter your p.s. with one of my own... You know the rest.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
Answers? :) My point is 1) you're comments are either brutally obvious, 2) irrelevant due to the fact you can't really draw conclusions legitimately based on a couple anecdotal incidents, and (importantly, pay attention), 3) you, and others, need to be able to deal with the fact that your hockey team had a bad game. It's a maturity thing...

this is a message board. i (and MANY other users here) use this place to 1) cheer on my favorite team during games, 2) discuss hockey-related topics, 3) celebrate when my favorite team plays well, and (read this part, if anything) 4) vent/rant when my favorite team plays poorly.

i'm allowed, as a fan, to have gripes with my favorite team, because (surprisingly) that's part of being a fan. although i don't agree with it, you're allowed (again, as a fan) to stand on your soapbox and act like you're a superior fan to me because the flaws in this team don't bother you as much as they bother me.

what i just mentioned is a big reason why i use this message board. whether you believe it or not, THIS is the main extent of my venting. i don't go out, drink my ass off, and try to vandalize buildings. i don't sit in my room and cry all night. i come here and i vent. and, guess what? it lasts maybe a few minutes after the game, IF that. if that bothers you, then add me and everyone else like me to your ignore list and be done with it, OR don't post here and find a new forum.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
this is a message board. i (and MANY other users here) use this place to 1) cheer on my favorite team during games, 2) discuss hockey-related topics, 3) celebrate when my favorite team plays well, and (read this part, if anything) 4) vent/rant when my favorite team plays poorly.

i'm allowed, as a fan, to have gripes with my favorite team, because (surprisingly) that's part of being a fan. although i don't agree with it, you're allowed (again, as a fan) to stand on your soapbox and act like you're a superior fan to me because the flaws in this team don't bother you as much as they bother me.

what i just mentioned is a big reason why i use this message board. whether you believe it or not, THIS is the main extent of my venting. i don't go out, drink my ass off, and try to vandalize buildings. i don't sit in my room and cry all night. i come here and i vent. and, guess what? it lasts maybe a few minutes after the game, IF that. if that bothers you, then add me and everyone else like me to your ignore list and be done with it, OR don't post here and find a new forum.

If I were interested in reading unformed and unfiltered venting and whining akin to listening to the uncomprehending and incredulous disappointment of a small child who learns that Santa doesn't exist, I'd tune into one of the reality shows involving insipid housewives. I don't. Because it's boring for me. Sorry.

Do me favor, vandalize a building instead.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
If I were interested in reading unformed and unfiltered venting and whining akin to listening to the uncomprehending and incredulous disappointment of a small child who learns that Santa doesn't exist, I'd tune into one of the reality shows involving insipid housewives. I don't. Because it's boring for me. Sorry.

Do me favor, vandalize a building instead.

i have an idea. there's a thing on this forum called an "ignore list". do you know what that is? of course you do, because you're clearly smarter than me, and i know what it is, so i'll assume you know what it is. click my username above my crudely photoshopped image and then click "Add to Ignore list".

there you go. i just solved all of your problems with the Internet. thanking me is not necessary. obviously i'm not worthy of the prestigious honor to communicate with the great Mondello.

i'll stick to discussing what i dislike about my favorite sports team on a sports message board instead of vandalizing a building. you could stick to whining about the content of other message board posters (interestingly enough, whining about whining) while you scratch your ass in your living room, pretending you know exactly how my life is and saying to yourself "yeah, i'm better than all of these people".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->