Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Sabres | loss | we didn’t get tased, we got trampled

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm not even quite sure what the issue specially is outside of "everything".

This is an odd losing streak.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They’re either going to spank the Sabres next time they play them or the Sabres are going to be in their heads and be a nightmare matchup for many years to come.
Everyone is gonna be a nightmare matchup for years to come.

The streak is over. This is the end

Reactions: Alex1234

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I think firing Sullivan would help because how could it not.

But I also think this is just a bad team. The bottom six is horrible. The defense sucks. The top six isn't good enough any more to make up for it.

Sid/Geno, Rust and Jake have become totally disinterested in playing defense or forechecking. They just want to make cute plays.

I've liked Rakell and Zucker but they're on an island

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
In reply to -
The answer is firing the coach, it's what wakes this team up, it's what has the last few times. The team really doesn't seem to be fully bought into whatever the system has been the last 5-6 seasons and just seem like they're going through the motions and then give up when things get rough. They have no fight in them and when your coach has a certain preference for players, you really handcuff your GM with who to get because you won't just use anyone that he gets.

The defense was retooled, the forwards were retooled, the only big mistake I see from Hextall is the Carter extension and the rest is him getting blokes the coach wants to use and he's basically turned this team from the cardiac kids that won 2 cups to a bunch of neutered wankers that are too busy licking their groin because the team can't even put the cone of shame around them for their behavior.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
I think they are sending a clear message to Mike Sullivan with this rebuild... just my opinion..

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I checked last night and the Pens have lost 3 games and 4 games in a row multiple times in every season for the past three, that I checked.

They haven't lost 6-straight since before the back to backs. Only lost 5-straight once under Sully, in his first five games.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Pens/I am 0-0-5 watching live games, this season time to stop and sleep during nights instead?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
They should've blown it up after the fourth straight 1st round exit. :laugh: Oh well.

If they suck bad enough to collect top-5 picks while still having the recognizable names around, wins all around, eh? Always look on the bright side of life.
Watch us get that Bedard kid. The league would probably lose half its fans to frustration and crying.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
We’re officially past “early season jitters” and this has become a tail spin. You can’t secure the playoffs this early but you can sure as hell guarantee that you miss them after taking 1 point out of 12.

I really don’t give a damn about their mistake extending Sullivan. He and his band of merry combovers have just got to go. Pay the money and make it happen. Only problem is we might now have another GM who would rather go down with him, arm in arm

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
Petry stinks.
If it wasnt for Potash mentioning Kappys hair, i wouldnt have known he played.

-Heinen getting benched because DOC and Kapanen arent good.

Would Trotz work as a coach here? I think thats the style the team needs to adapt. If the players would listen.

Reactions: wheelz87

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If this team doesn't go on a pretty massive run at some point, they're gonna be fighting tooth and nail to stay with the pack and claim a playoff spot. That means running Sid, Geno, and Letang ragged. That means an exhausted and battered core of 35+ year olds heading into the playoffs. That means, at best, another 1st round exit.

Love it. If the team's still hovering around .500 or worse by January, start shopping guys.

Reactions: Pancakes

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
A4DF3B7A-9FDC-4403-AD9B-D9BBE5FE82CC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad