Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Sabres | loss | we didn’t get tased, we got trampled

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I've developed a theory that @Pens x is actually Ron Hextall's inner rage, the side of him that chased Robbie Brown around the ice, that has split off from his personality now that he's an emotionless hockey executive. He is Ron's smirking revenge.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I still blame Rutherford for the Kapanen monstrosity even though he's been gone for almost two years. He took Kap's lineage and gave it undeserved pedigree with the first round pick. He should do us a solid and bring Kap to Vancouver. A lot of people dress silly in Vancouver. NO, @Better Call Maul , not you, I've no doubt your style is dialed in...
I don't think Kapanen is a problem at all. It took 3 seasons for them to finally give Kapanen pk time which is something he did heavily in Toronto. To me this coaching staff has failed him the most on the roster. Blokes here want to hate him so badly and that's fine. I don't. I think he's a player that was playing well in Toronto and when Sullivan had to throw him in right away during the quarantine season, he excelled because he had very little time to be brainwashed and ruined. When he struggled they did nothing to really help him, Carter actually had to step up and help a kid that was beating himself up for not performing to what he knows he can do. I really f***ing hate a lot of f*** tards here that love to shit all over a lad that cares a lot about wanting to be better. But because he likes to dress fun it's some sort of joke.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Like I see Kapanen busting his ass but anytime he wants to do something he seems unsure of himself. His situation would end up the same as Marino's imo. I'd put money on a new coach doing a better job with him and a lot of this roster.

I hope Seattle lights them the f*** up. Like a 7-1 win.

So, why did you re-sign Kap if he sucks under Sully’s dog **** system? Also, blaming sully for Hextall paying Kap $3.2 million is insane to me. It’s convenient that you neglected to mention landing 35 year old Petry, who has been a huge letdown, or the fact that sleepy retained DeSmith who is back to being an ECHL goalie.

I put the blame on both of them. Neither has any right to still be here.

I’d be fine with letting Sully go first, as long as you freeze Hextall from extending any current players on the team.

Sullivan is more of a problem than Hextall right now. I don’t disagree. But Hextall is far from an innocent party here. And where did I say I blame Hextall 100%? I’ve made it clear that we needed to move on from Sully for the last several years - maybe you were one of the countless posters defending him all of these years?
Lol you think I'm a Sully defender?

@ColePens
@Zirakzigil
@Gurglesons

All three can tell you I am probably the founder of the fire Sully club. I've been on it for 5.5 seasons.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Like I see Kapanen busting his ass but anytime he wants to do something he seems unsure of himself. His situation would end up the same as Marino's imo. I'd put money on a new coach doing a better job with him and a lot of this roster.

@ColePens
@Zirakzigil
@Gurglesons

All three can tell you I am probably the founder of the fire Sully club. I've been on it for 5.5 seasons.

Pens X doesn't understand nuance.

I still feel like Marino gets exposed in the playoffs. He just plays that lame stick game that is really successful in the early season and as soon as hockey gets tight it gets completely wrecked. Olli kinda got roasted that way in the playoffs, but I don't think the Devils can insulate Marino yet like he was here. Once their big prospects graduate he'll be fine.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I still feel like Marino gets exposed in the playoffs. He just plays that lame stick game that is really successful in the early season and as soon as hockey gets tight it gets completely wrecked. Olli kinda got roasted that way in the playoffs, but I don't think the Devils can insulate Marino yet like he was here. Once their big prospects graduate he'll be fine.
I don't see the Devils making the playoffs but I think just being away from Sully will be how he stays on track for his development. We were once quite happy with the lad, then he just stagnated. He seems like he's back on the path.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I don't think Kapanen is a problem at all. It took 3 seasons for them to finally give Kapanen pk time which is something he did heavily in Toronto. To me this coaching staff has failed him the most on the roster. Blokes here want to hate him so badly and that's fine. I don't. I think he's a player that was playing well in Toronto and when Sullivan had to throw him in right away during the quarantine season, he excelled because he had very little time to be brainwashed and ruined. When he struggled they did nothing to really help him, Carter actually had to step up and help a kid that was beating himself up for not performing to what he knows he can do. I really f***ing hate a lot of f*** tards here that love to shit all over a lad that cares a lot about wanting to be better. But because he likes to dress fun it's some sort of joke.
I appreciate your compassion for Kap. I don't recall many in Toronto being particularly enamored with his play prior to our getting him back, but I could be mistaken. Of course Carter deserves kudos for trying to "big brother" him to a level of confidence that would result in play commensurate with his pedigree and, after this summer's extension, premium cost and term measured by any viable metric.

Kapanen asked for everything he gets in terms of his fashion choices. He enjoys the attention and always sought it out. And he doesn't need anyone to hate f***tards who make hay out of this.

These are Kap's words- "I like fashion... I think that's a big key, is to kind of look at some styles and just be surfing the Internet a little bit, too. And then probably the most important thing is just having the guts to do it. You just got to do it and not really care about what other people think. So for sure, I'm excited for next year to see what I can bring to the team."

If he brings a strong hockey game, he'll be fine. If not, he's out of this league in a year in a half. In the meantime, I couldn't give a f*** how he dresses.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Pixie loves using the word nuance.

He will bash Marino all the time now, but if you quote one his posts from this summer where he spoke highly of him (BEFORE he was traded), he will say I don’t understand nuance.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

@ColePens
@Zirakzigil
@Gurglesons

Smoke screen. Confirmed Sully defending via wanting him fired.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Funny, Tocchet alluded to pretty much the same thing on TNT, except he was talking about being a HC. Says the TV gig is much more chill. Good for him, the TNT crew is vastly superior the plastic ESPN landfill.
There's very few positions in any field that pay $1M+ for a desk job where you don't have to be "switched on" all the time.

I'd want that life for a couple of years to build a buffer of financial stability. But then I'd want to exit stage left.
Yeah. Get a few good years in and seeya later.
Leave when the leavings good.... be 'in demand' or favorable... and move to something mellow that won't kill you with worry.... and still be exciting. If that is what your looking for.
I'd never want coach or GM... well, I did apply for a college hockey coach position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad