Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Rangers | loss | Special teams weren’t the good special tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
If Zucker and Rakell are out Game 3....

Guentzel Crosby Rust
McGinn Malkin Kapanen
DOC Blueger Zohorna
Heinen Carter Erod

And would have no problem moving DOC or Big Z up to L2 if Brock or Kap isn't getting it done.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
for all the greatness that GCR gives us they were on ice for 3 goals against with some really really shitty defense,
feel like its all Rust who absolutely could not skate tonight...
L2 getting blasted here had unreal xGF over 90%

Reactions: Andy99

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Guentzel Crosby Rust
McGinn Malkin Kapanen
DOC Blueger Zohorna
Heinen Carter Erod

And would have no problem moving DOC or Big Z up to L2 if Brock or Kap isn't getting it done.
6D5B5803-D00E-483F-8C06-BE336F73F051.jpeg

...........Sorry, it’s all I got

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Guentzel Crosby Rust
McGinn Malkin Kapanen
DOC Blueger Zohorna
Heinen Carter Erod

Flipping line #3 and #4 isn't gonna change how they are used.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
You kinda deal with GCR not being good defensively since they're the only line who looks *any* dangerous offensively. It's not ideal, but it is what it is.

I do wonder how much of that was being on the ice with Matheson-Letang tonight. That pairing was big ol' dookie, and not just Matheson--though his two gaffes late were glaring.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
You kinda deal with GCR not being good defensively since they're the only line who looks *any* dangerous offensively. It's not ideal, but it is what it is.

I do wonder how much of that was being on the ice with Matheson-Letang tonight. That pairing was big ol' dookie, and not just Matheson--though his two gaffes late were glaring.
at least two of tose goals were due to GCR just standing and watching the Rangers skate

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think we can all agree this loss is due to the Isles fans coming here to spread their good will and cheer aka reverse jinx's.
Semi-related; I was at an Isles-Devils game a few years ago and the most trashy, blasted drunk Isles fan in full redneck camo gear was drunkenly screaming "Less go I-yin-derz" all night and that's how I've automatically pictured every single Isles fan since.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
at least two of tose goals were due to GCR just standing and watching the Rangers skate
Panarin's goal that went off of Matheson's stick, Letang gets walked twice along the boards and in the corner. The Vatrano goal, Matheson gets embarrassed along the boards while the Ranger blows past him.

I get that Sid's line ain't great defensively, but the Matheson-Letang duo was retched tonight. :laugh:

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Panarin's goal that went off of Matheson's stick, Letang gets walked twice along the boards and in the corner. The Vatrano goal, Matheson gets embarrassed along the boards while the Ranger blows past him.

I get that Sid's line ain't great defensively, but the Matheson-Letang duo was retched tonight. :laugh:
no question about that, kind of weird for Letang to follow up a very good last game with this cluker, Matheson, he is kind of prone to this kind of play..it just taht two f them did not work together tonight

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
no question about that, kind of weird for Letang to follow up a very good last game with this cluker, Matheson, he is kind of prone to this kind of play..it just taht two f them did not work together tonight
Yeah. Not sure what the solution is. Maybe Marino up to the top pairing and either he or Letang playing their off side? Petts up there? (barf) Even if Dumo can go next game, he's been f***awful for months.

Not a whole lotta good looks for that top pairing.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I don't get doing a Matheson-Letang pairing in general.

Why put your 2 defensemen best at breaking out and creating offense on the same pairing?
did not want to break Marino Petts, so there is no other choice, he would not put Friedman up with Letang

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
I'll say this, they competed well for a team that lost 5-2.

It's not easy when you're missing your starting goalie, top defenseman, and two top-six wingers. I'm not making excuses, but if the Penguins lose this series, I definitely think if Jarry isn't back soon, that'll be brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad