Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Rangers | loss | Special teams weren’t the good special tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
giphy.gif

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Hopefully get a body or two back for game three. That and a functional powerplay would make a big difference here. Rangers are a decent team, but very beatable.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
We've put 126 shots on goal through 2 games. Domingue has let in precisely one bad goal and the game was basically over by then anyway. GCR threatening virtually every time they've been on the ice.

Geno needs to get going in the worst way. Generally, we need some production from anybody aside from GCR.

Good series so far.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We played fine. Shitty last half of the third, but whatever. I think if we play like we did for most of games 1 and 2 in games 3 and 4 that we will do no worse than a split at home.

This should be a long series.

We do need to get a goalie healthy. If Domingue has to start many more, that's a problem. I don't even think he was the issue tonight, but the best we're gonna get from him is adequate goaltending, and we might need a level more than that to beat Shesterkin consistently.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
We were able to play with them for long stretches. Maybe this series isn't the rout many of us thought, but they have to get bodies back if they're going to win.

Also, I belly laugh after every dominant Guentzel - Crosby shift. Still remember the "IT'S TIME TO PUNISH CROSBY LIKE THEY'VE BEEN PUNISHING MALKIN ALL OF THESE YEARS" post. Imagine.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
- Bryce Salvador is a douche

Pens were never winning both in the Garden anyway. Get the next one.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Reposting from the GDT:

Good news; A split in NY was always the (realistic) goal.

Bad news; Shesterkin looks really good when he's not flopping in absolutely embarrassing fashion, while the Pens look like complete dogshit outside of Sid and Jake, and an AHL goalie is gonna need a hell of a lot more goal support than 2 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad