Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Rangers | loss | Special teams weren’t the good special tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Look at this dork

FSCeWlYaAAAEIvX.jpg
Holding his groin "Oh man my groin I must pull myself from the game"

sike...

Reactions: Pengwins

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Just need to get bodies back and any secondary scoring that can do anything in the playoffs.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I thought Louie played well and kept us in it for 2 1/2 periods. How many times was he left completely out to dry?

Line 2 is average. The bottom 6 is absolutely horrific. They provide absolutely nothing.

Rust looked like he was out for a leisurely skate all game.

Defense is what it is; soft and pathetic.

Carter is a shell of himself. But after laying the goalie out, I say extend him.

Whatever. Onto Saturday. We're playing much better than I thought

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ok real talk - The mere fact that the team lost a top 6 winger in Game 1, didn't have Zucker or Jarry and then lost DeSmith in OT2 and they split in NY is a f***ing good start.

Now to go back to Pittsburgh, see how Sullivan f***s up lines 2 thru 4 and hopefully one of or both of Zucker and Rakell are back as well as Jarry.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Matheson is a f***ing circus defensively. Though, at this point, Dumo is too. So I guess it's a f***in' wash. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I thought Louie played well and kept us in it for 2 1/2 periods. How many times was he left completely out to dry?

Line 2 is average. The bottom 6 is absolutely horrific. They provide absolutely nothing.

Rust looked like he was out for a leisurely skate all game.

Defense is what it is; soft and pathetic.

Carter is a shell of himself. But after laying the goalie out, I say extend him.

Whatever. Onto Saturday. We're playing much better than I thought
Luckily for us, Carter's already been re-signed for two more absolutely agonizing years of geriatric hockey.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
We're fine.

We're better than them 5v5, our PP was lame tonight but it happens. Our PK collapses too much, Boyle is too slow. I actually liked Boyle 5v5, he was physical.

Domingue was amazing, if you blame him you have no idea what you are talking about and should stop opening your mouth. He's solid. He gave us every chance to win and we didn't get a goal.

Half way through the second we stopped taking our time to make a play and fired pucks as soon as we got to it, we turned it over and failed to clear for 30 minutes. I lost count how many perfect passes we gave them. Take a second and look before passing or clearing it. We got stuck in our zone for most of our shifts for the next 10 min. Our team is too old for that. Puck management has to be better.

Second line was good defensively and had chances but we need more.

Third and fourth lines were invisible offensively. Rodrigues should not get a sweater next game, he does nothing.

Matheson Letang and Pets were bad. They were d most responsible for us getting stuck in the zone.

We split and need to win Saturday. We're in a good position.

Shesterlazarus is a clown for that dive and not as good as people are hyping. He gets lucky a lot. Domingue outplayed him IMO. He has a lot of flaws. Let's get in his face on Saturday, he doesn't like it

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Frustrating outcome but this is a winnable series. They need Zucker and hopefully Jarry back ASAP. That second line needs help. Throw the bottom 6 in a blender too. Try Carter on the wing

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Honestly the really disappointing thing is that game felt winnable. I didn't expect game 2 to be. I thought the Rangers would come out and crush us more than they did. They needed that one but honestly we played a pretty good game outside of the last bit in the third. I'm hoping we didn't waste one there.

Two games at home now. Do we need both? I don't think we do. Gotta get at least a split though. I think we'll be able to manage that, even if Domingue has to start both.

My prediction is we split at home (should win both, but we always find a way to blow one at home) and then whoever wins game 5 ultimately wins the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad