Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Rangers | loss | Blowout loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yes, what doesn’t get acknowledged is how much this is scheme related…it’s not just an individual player deciding to do it when you’re there is a board battle or something…go check out how the Rangers changed how they played us from the first two games…they did not play one on one coverage as much earlier…last two games they had one on one matchups and everyone clogged the NZ and when/if we got thru with the puck, they tightly checked their man, which is playoff hockey…we haven’t even started playing playoff hockey…do we have the speed to get on opposing players quickly and be hard to play against them? Not looking good but it doesn’t matter if Sullivan refuses to change how they play
We have a ton of problems but I maintain that we're simply just not good enough anymore. We are stale, the players, the coach, the front office, it's done. Fortunately I expect a ton of turnover.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We have a ton of problems but I maintain that we're simply just not good enough anymore. We are stale, the players, the coach, the front office, it's done. Fortunately I expect a ton of turnover.
Bet you anything there’s not as much change as you think…Hex/Burke are 50-50 to go, they may not…Sullivan is pretty much guaranteed to stay…too many players have NMCs and will be staying…probably one or more of Dumo, Zucker and Jarry gets re-signed…where’s the “ton of turnover “ lol…we can only dream…ain’t happening no matter whether we squeak into the POs or not

reino

Jul 20, 2019
screenshot_20230318_224530-jpg.671791

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This time rn is really reminding me of the end of the Bylsma years…handcuffed to a certain brand of hockey and married to a couple of proud vets that can't play….except Hextall probably has less authority and/or balls to fire Sullivan like Shero did with DB…lol

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
This time rn is really reminding me of the end of the Bylsma years…handcuffed to a certain brand of hockey and married to a couple of proud vets that can't play….except Hextall probably has less authority and/or balls to fire Sullivan like Shero did with DB…lol

Shero never fired Bylsma, and that's why he was ultimately fired with him.

Reactions: Andy99

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Has a messageboard poster been hired by FSG to coach or general manage yet?

We ship needs turned around.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Has a messageboard poster been hired by FSG to coach or general manage yet?

We ship needs turned around.
No but an ex-HF poster became arguably the smartest and hardest working Pens writer.

I'm pretty sure I would have liked some posters' 2023 deadline moves more than Hextall's too. Would be nice to have Chychrun or Miller instead of Granlund right now.

FSG know nothing about hockey anyway. Their selection process shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
This is Gold right here.

DK: why do you keep playing Carter and Dumo?

Sully: LEAVE BRITTANY ALOOONNE!

[Yt]

Edit: guess I was late to the party lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pengwins

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
It means something over a course of a season. To think otherwise is amateur.
No, it’s an archaic stat whose utility has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

The NHL scrapped the plus-minus award altogether a few years ago. Even the generally slow to react NHL.com site has replaced +/- with analytic stats in its Selke trophy tracker articles.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think it's even worse when you just list his record in playoff games starting in '19. I think he's won 5 GAMES.
We also aren’t losing to powerhouse teams. It’s not like we keep getting stuck playing the eventual cup champs.

Reactions: Gurglesons

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Sullivan has become a complete joke. It is sad to see. Dude has absolutely no clue what to do to turn this around. He will simply keep playing his binkies, Carter and Dumo, regardless of what they do on the ice. At this point we should not even be hoping to make the playoffs. Just put this season out of its misery.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Sullivan has become a complete joke. It is sad to see. Dude has absolutely no clue what to do to turn this around. He will simply keep playing his binkies, Carter and Dumo, regardless of what they do on the ice. At this point we should not even be hoping to make the playoffs. Just put this season out of its misery.

Dumo is the binki, Carter's is breast milk from Hartnells wife.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
+/- is a good stat for the players we don't like.
=/- is a bad stat for players we like.

We are not hypocritical at all.

Reactions: Pens x

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Bet you anything there’s not as much change as you think…Hex/Burke are 50-50 to go, they may not…Sullivan is pretty much guaranteed to stay…too many players have NMCs and will be staying…probably one or more of Dumo, Zucker and Jarry gets re-signed…where’s the “ton of turnover “ lol…we can only dream…ain’t happening no matter whether we squeak into the POs or not
Seriously doubt we're making the playoffs, and in the long run it's the best thing that could happen. I strongly disagree I think you're going to see a lot of changes, and truthfully the next few years are going to be really really bad. There's a lot of people who think because we have sid that won't be the case, they're very wrong. Maybe it's time to abandon ship. I'm okay with having three or four bad years and piling up draft picks. The key now is to make sure we make those draft picks count. That's all that matters at this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad