Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Preds win: Hold on to your butts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
They're going to get two straight full 82-game seasons of mid/late 30s Crosby and Malkin and miss the playoffs both times
It's quite hard to really complain after the near miraculous luck that landed the likes of Lemieux, Jagr, Sid and Geno in this town over the span of 4 decades, but it's really some kind of cosmic joke that both of them accomplish that feet after the 100's of games lost to injury in their primes.

Genetic

Oct 21, 2009
I will definitely not be watching the score(s) tomorrow. To save my sanity

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Exactly, It wouldn't have mattered. Sullivan would have stayed if they finished dead last
True.

But if they finished dead last, he'd at least be on the hot seat next year.

Sadly, just finishing 1 or 2 points out of the playoffs gives the organization false hope.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
What pisses me off is Sid had a great season and goalies for the most part played really good. And in the end none of it mattered. The fact this coach is going to be here again after 2 failed attempts of getting into the playoffs. Next year we will still have Letang, Karlsson and Geno. Will probably resign Carter and sure Harkins will be back too. Another year will be wasted without starting the rebuild. Dubas will make excuses why we missed the playoffs and just keep doing the same thing over and over. One of the worst PP all year and horrible in Overtime yet nothing changes and people think next year we can be better. I need a drink.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Said it in the game thread but with 3 points vs. NYI, Sid would be at 95 points for the season - good for sole possession of the fourth highest-scoring season by a player over 35 in NHL history. 2 points would mean he'd be tied for fourth.

For reference, Gordie Howe had 101 points as a 40-year old, Sakic had 100 at age 37 and Gretzky had 97 at age 36. Selanne and Jean Ratelle are currently tied for 4th at 94.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I vastly prefer the feeling of this year to last year. Last year was... I hate using the word gutless in this context, but unfortunately, it's accurate.

The opera hasn't started just yet.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
out of town scoreboard, boo.

++Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Karlsson
+Rust, DOC, Bunting

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Just saw the warrior helmet locker room and have to say the boys don’t look real upbeat lol

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
C2269BB4-BB46-43C2-920C-55CF7F8AE0BB.gif

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
So...which one of the seemingly hundreds of games that they just pissed away do we blame for out situation right now?

I say that Flames game.
A worthy selection, for sure. But let's not forget managing to lose to a dreadful Anaheim team in regulation in the final 20 seconds, or losing to an equally dreadful Blackhawks team on opening night

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
A worthy selection, for sure. But let's not forget managing to lose to a dreadful Anaheim team in regulation in the final 20 seconds, or losing to an equally dreadful Blackhawks team on opening night
I only made a handful of games this season, but I was at both of those games. :confused:

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Of all the losses this year, somehow game 1 seems most egregious. Couldn't put away the same bad team they had just blown it against at the end of the previous season. It's like a shadow over every other game they've played this year.

Reactions: Lustaf

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
So we wait until the last game to probably not make it? Sounds similar to last year.

I’m generally as optimistic as they come, but I’m not seeing both caps & wings losing tomorrow :(.

Oh well….it was fun! :)

Edit rant…
Boston had 5 shots by the end of the 2nd period. Why couldn’t this version of the Bruins show up on Sat? Sheesh.

Reactions: Lustaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad