Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Preds win: Hold on to your butts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Pens don't deserve to make playoffs. They are the best team of the pathetic remaining lot and clinched teams know it and don't want to face them

Reactions: Turin

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Pretty funny that for all the huge off-season and in-season changes, the Pens are right back where they were last year: on the bubble with one game left.
1713232133049.jpeg

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Great effort tonight, should’ve been a blowout but for the disallowed Goals. Too bad it will probably be for naught, but oh well

Edit: I can’t shake the feeling that even if the dice rolled our way tomorrow, we would lay an egg facing the Islanders and it would be over anyway

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Last couple of weeks have been fun with the way they have played.

This team still needs a major shakeup and a scoring winger to replace Smith and Guentzel.

Also, once again, nuke the f***ing bottom 6.

Go Pirates!!

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
No help this evening. That's why you take games in October against the Blackhawks seriously and keep your foot down when you have 4 goal leads against the Avs, so you don't have to rely on bottom feeders and teams with nothing to play for down the stretch.

Still a sliver of a chance. Stranger things have happened. It's nice to see the Pens play with heart like the have the last couple of weeks, so hopefully they have reason on Wednesday to lay it all down.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Maybe they should've just won a few points they gave away instead of "showing hearts and guts".

This team f***ing buried the season. I could give a shit what they did to finish it.
Frustrating that this level of play was in this team all season and only came on at the end. Also a shame it’s another 90+ point season wasted of the last sid years we have.

Reactions: trader997

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
No they aren't. A win tomorrow and the Habs and Wings losing in either regulation or OT gets them in the playoffs.

Their chances aren't great (probably like 20%) but they still have a chance.
I mean we're cheering for two garbage teams to win AND for the Pens to win after that happens. I won't hold my breath.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Detroit needs to lose in some fashion tomorrow and Washington needs to lose to Philly.

If Detroit wins or Washington wins, season is over no matter what the Pens do Wednesday in New York.
Caps and Detroit can lose in OT tomorrow as long as we get a regulation win I believe

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
So many games can be highlighted this season that they found ways to lose, unfortunately, many for the same repeated reasons.

How about the first game of the season? Proof that "it's just one game" or "it's early in the season" can actually come back to bite you.

Up 2-0 halfway through the 2nd, proceed to give up 4 straight goals in Bedard's debut to an expected tanking team.

SIgns of nothing changing from the previous year, as well as eventually things to come for this one.

Such a shame, small changes here or there and they would've easily been in a playoff position today.

All in all I'm just glad they won enough to give SJ the 1st this year instead of next, I don't have as much confidence that all 4 of the core remain as healthy next year as they were fortunate enough to stay during this one.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Pens W + DET & WSH OTL or L.

PHI has won 2 straight and will best rested. DET went life and death with MTL. I actually think the hardest task will be beating NYI.

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I know it's technically better for us to be giving up this year's pick to SJ instead of next but it's gonna be a loooong summer having no draft lottery to look forward to and no playoffs to care about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad