Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Preds win: Hold on to your butts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I say San Jose. It was them that we had the 5 on 3 for 2 mins then they came out of the box and scored, right?
Anaheim it was. Tied 3-3 and 5 on 3 with 2 minutes left and they lost it in regulation. Also, LA game at home with Jagr in building, leading 1-0 with 6 minutes left and didn´t get a point. Or Chicago season opener, leading 2-0 vs them and didn´t get a point. There were many many others too.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Once again it’s all too little too late….

Enjoy golfing early you f***ing losers. :rolleyes: 🖕🖕🖕🖕 Maybe next year you’ll actually play a full 60 minutes a game, and show up for more than 1/3 of the season…

Good riddance.

Nah. Same exact script. Except it’ll be waiting to fire Sullivan until it is too late.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Best part of the game for me, might be the pinnacle of the entire season. I call it "five point three."
5point3.PNG

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Now 1 point (92) from tieing last seasons (93) totals. So close but so far away from reaching the triple digits. Next season will we have another 90+ point season? he will be 37.

Reactions: Gurglesons

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
What pisses me off is Sid had a great season and goalies for the most part played really good. And in the end none of it mattered. The fact this coach is going to be here again after 2 failed attempts of getting into the playoffs. Next year we will still have Letang, Karlsson and Geno. Will probably resign Carter and sure Harkins will be back too. Another year will be wasted without starting the rebuild. Dubas will make excuses why we missed the playoffs and just keep doing the same thing over and over. One of the worst PP all year and horrible in Overtime yet nothing changes and people think next year we can be better. I need a drink.
With just a good goaltender, look at what this team is doing right now. Still not a cup contender but at least they could be a playoff team. Next year the core will be 1 year older so i expect a worst result with Jarry still in goal and Sully as a coach.

2 years ago against NYR was the Pens last year as a real contender and I was really thinking they could make it far.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Was at the game. Fun atmosphere. I love Bunting.

Also, no clue what goalie interference is anymore. Was sitting behind Preds goal for both calls and was so sure the Letang goal would count. Maybe I’m a moron but I don’t like that goal being waived off. If that’s the rules, the game is too soff

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It'd be really funny if the Flyers managed to make the playoffs on the backs of Detroit, Washington, and the Pens all losing games to close out the season.

I obviously hope we miraculously make it but in the event that we don't make it I hope that dumb scenario happens because the east deserves it lol

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Never seen Jarry get anywhere near this love.

That guy better get sent out of town.
Seriously. I wonder how much of Sullivan's decision to ride Ned was influenced by the locker room, too. They're openly talking about how Ned battles and competes. Sullivan even said that some goalies have an influence on the mentality of a team, and he thinks Ned is one of those.

They're really damning Jarry's mentality.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Also, no clue what goalie interference is anymore. Was sitting behind Preds goal for both calls and was so sure the Letang goal would count. Maybe I’m a moron but I don’t like that goal being waived off. If that’s the rules, the game is too soff

It was tough to tell at first glance, but Eller stuck his skate in the blue paint and his leg pushed Saaros' stick enough that he couldn't use it to cover the five hole. Even though it didn't look like much on the replay, the rule states that you have to let the goalie play his position, so by the book it was indeed interference.

Reactions: Andy99

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
It was tough to tell at first glance, but Eller stuck his skate in the blue paint and his leg pushed Saaros' stick enough that he couldn't use it to cover the five hole. Even though it didn't look like much on the replay, the rule states that you have to let the goalie play his position, so by the book it was indeed interference.

I play net so I'm sensitive to goalie interference. I've seen extremely worse bumps not get called back.

Also, Sarros INITIATED contact both times. He bears some onus

Reactions: BusinessGoose

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Seriously. I wonder how much of Sullivan's decision to ride Ned was influenced by the locker room, too. They're openly talking about how Ned battles and competes. Sullivan even said that some goalies have an influence on the mentality of a team, and he thinks Ned is one of those.

They're really damning Jarry's mentality.
If Jarry doesn't have the locker room, then you should move him, IMO. If the team isn't confident in him in a must-win situation, then you are better off letting him get a fresh start somewhere else and putting another guy in there to platoon with the goalie they do trust.

Reactions: Andy99

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
It's amazing how suddenly the team can score a lot of goals. It's almost like going to the net helps a lot with that. Yeah, two goals were disallowed for the smallest of infractions but this mentality is making a world of difference.

Which begs the question why they waited until they had almost no chance for playoffs before starting to, gasp, regularly attempt to screen goalies? Either Bunting's enthusiasm is really infectious or our coaches finally pulled their heads out of their asses. At least in that respect, the defensive coverage is still amateur hour way too often.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
It's amazing how suddenly the team can score a lot of goals. It's almost like going to the net helps a lot with that. Yeah, two goals were disallowed for the smallest of infractions but this mentality is making a world of difference.

Which begs the question why they waited until they had almost no chance for playoffs before starting to, gasp, regularly attempt to screen goalies? Either Bunting's enthusiasm is really infectious or our coaches finally pulled their heads out of their asses. At least in that respect, the defensive coverage is still amateur hour way too often.

I mean look at Smith's goal last night. It was Puus causing trouble in front of the net. You don't have to be a big guy to have an impact in front of the goalie.

This team steps on it's dick so much...

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024

My guess is Bunting hasn't been "Sullified" yet.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Was at the game. Fun atmosphere. I love Bunting.

Well - Since the same sequence today might not be GI, you shouldn't assume what happened last night is a hard and fast rule. GI is fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad