Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
It's almost as if it as nothing to do with Bylsma and Shero...

I still think Shero and Bylsma were atrocious, but something's up.

It all seemed to start with and get worse throughout their reign, but the team latched onto their tendencies and kept them going.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Panthers lines for you:

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Pirri-Bjugstad-Smith
Jokinen-Bolland-Trocheck
Howden-Mackenzie-Brickley

Mitchell-Gudbranson
Ekblad-Campbell
Kulikov-Petrovic

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Can we just hire Stevie Wonder or some blind bum off the streets to be our head coach, general manager, and hockey operations staff?

malkshake

Jan 12, 2012
Vancouver
Letang is a moron on the PP, and I swear to god that I will never complain about that as long as I don't have to watch him try on PP1. The Pens and the PP is a disaster on about 10 different levels.

So, who has the worse contract, Kunitz or Scuderi?

I think Crosby is a bigger issue on the PP. Malkin keeps teams honest because he is actually a threat to shoot from the half wall. The amount of times Sid goes for the cross ice pass that is intercepted is even higher than Letang shooting it into shin pads. I think it is a reflection of the forwards playing higher looking to intercept the same Crosby pass across the ice giving Letang less time.

Honestly I don't really care if Sid prefers that spot. As the captain of this team he should do what is best for the team and let the PP run through Geno. A good captain would do what is best for the team and Malkin is simply better on the halfwall. Now our only ome time option is stuck on the left point.

xTang

Sep 16, 2008
Morehouse took over as CEO around 2010. Just sayin'

:naughty:

You are actually onto something here. Some of the stories I have heard are that he was way too involved in some of the hockey decisions, especially someone who really does not know hockey. Let's just say Shero was not exactly calling all the shots at the end.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
From the standpoint that Scuderi and Kunitz are both completely useless hockey players with no place on this roster, I guess you'd have to go with Kunitz as the worse contract. Scuderi drags down the bottom pairing, but doesn't get 20 minutes a night alongside Sid/Geno while getting top PP time. Kunitz gets all of those luxuries and is still more ineffective than one would think possible. He also makes ~$500k more.

And I still don't really buy this Morehouse crap. You'd think if it was as obvious and directly responsible for this team's tailspin into the shitter that some reputable source like McKenzie, Dreger, Lavoie, LeBrun, etc. would've gotten wind of it and reported something about it.

And if Morehouse was indeed the evil puppeteer mastermind people so wish he was, wouldn't Shero talk about how it affected his ability to work? JR? Someone? I don't know.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Same old shit we saw with Shero and Bylsma.

Stupid, idiotic decisions that reek of a stubborn, almost spiteful air.

"We know better than you. We're gonna square peg our way to victory."

Meanwhile, the team with two generational talents, an elite defenseman, and a franchise goalie circles the drain and looks like a lottery team.
Unfortunately it's much much worse. Despite their boneheadedness the pens were still an offensive powerhouse and elite regular season team under that regime. The games were still entertaining. Watching pens hockey under MJ is unimaginably boring. How he turned a team with Crosby and Malkin on it into one of the most boring teams in the league is beyond comprehension.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's like this team goes out of its way to do the dumbest thing possible. What's next? Letang's not working out as the PP QB, so instead of trying Maatta or calling up Pouliot we'll .... put Rob Scuderi there!

f***, this team almost makes it seem like they're trying to make me no longer be a fan.

PS. Chris Kunitz is the new Craig Adams. I hate his guts with a passion, and it's not even really his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad