Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't agree with this setup. They are needlessly complicating things IMO. But I do see in theory why it could work. I just dont think it will.

To play devils advocate...

The obviously want the PP to run through Sid.

Sid obviously want to be on the half wall.

This setup if done correctly will isolate Sid on the right side and give him 4 available sticks to look for. With Kunitz at the left post available for slam dunks and turning into a screen if it goes anywhere else.

If they wanted to go this route it would have been much easier and made much more sense to do it with Kessel on the left wall running the show with Malkin on the right wall and Sid as the rover with Hornqvist at the right post but...penguins gonna penguin.

So even crazy devils advocate doesn't make a lick of sense? Okay good.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Kessel and Malkin at the points and Letang on the left wall makes more sense!...

maybe.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
You're probably right in terms of what they're thinking. Unfortunately they don't seem to realize Hornqvist is quite clearly better than Kunitz and Sid passing from the half wall on the PP is the stuff of nightmares. Honestly despite his extremely troublesome start I love Sid, but he has the least finesse on his passes of any star player in the history of the game.

exactly

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The hilarious thing is on MJ's off day interview someone asked him if they knew what changes they'd make to the PP and MJ said "not yet. we are going to take another 24 hours to look at it and make a decision". So they spent 48 digesting the problems on the PP and THIS is what they came up with?

We should be very, very afraid of other potential changes if they keep struggling in other areas.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't agree with this setup. They are needlessly complicating things IMO. But I do see in theory why it could work. I just dont think it will.

To play devils advocate...

The obviously want the PP to run through Sid.

Sid obviously want to be on the half wall.

This setup if done correctly will isolate Sid on the right side and give him 4 available sticks to look for. With Kunitz at the left post available for slam dunks and turning into a screen if it goes anywhere else.

If they wanted to go this route it would have been much easier and made much more sense to do it with Kessel on the left wall running the show with Malkin on the right wall and Sid as the rover with Hornqvist at the right post but...penguins gonna penguin.

The setup of the PP isn't a big problem IMO.

Its how the PP is run, there is no movement to the PP, the players just stand still and pass the puck around the Perimeter.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Since last season's trade deadline, Zac Rinaldo has 4 regular season points. Double Kunitz.

Since last season's trade deadline, Nate Guenin has 2 regular season points. The same as Kunitz.

Since last season's trade deadline, Brad Malone has 5 regular season points. More than double Kunitz.

Since last season's trade deadline, Mike Weber has 1 regular season point. One less than Kunitz.

Since last season's trade deadline, Robert Bortuzzo has 3 regular season points. One more than Kunitz.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Personally, i find Letang being the main puck distributor and one of the main puck-bringer-uppers on the PP a big part of the problem. He's just not smart enough to do either effeciently enough for me.

I wish they'd break in Maata for that role for the time being and Pouliot when he eventually comes back up.

Also why it's essential the #2-4 D-Man they get be pretty good at it too.

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
Geno should play the blueline, let sid be where he is. rest lay out as usual. geno can move around and make onetimer either for kessel or sid, so either side. He has been there before so it's nothing new. I think only time he played the sid's spot was when sid was out. Wish they hired gonchar, even washed up, he'd make this pp work.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Personally, i find Letang being the main puck distributor and one of the main puck-bringer-uppers on the PP a big part of the problem. He's just not smart enough to do either effeciently enough for me.

I wish they'd break in Maata for that role for the time being and Pouliot when he eventually comes back up.

Also why it's essential the #2-4 D-Man they get be pretty good at it too.

I hate Letang on the point. It should've been Ehrhoff last year and hopefully sooner than later it'll be Pouliot.

He doesn't skate laterally all that well with the puck if you ask me. More importantly, he's just like Crosby with those flat passes, and I don't know if Letang has ever heard of a touch pass either. Then he double clutches and I die a little inside. He's not even good at it. Half the time he's facing the corner or something, and just the way he raises his stick if he shot it he'd probably just bang the blade against the ice. Oh, and he can't shoot from there. At all. Other than that he's great.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Letang is a moron on the PP, and I swear to god that I will never complain about that as long as I don't have to watch him try on PP1. The Pens and the PP is a disaster on about 10 different levels.

Since last season's trade deadline, Zac Rinaldo has 4 regular season points. Double Kunitz.

Since last season's trade deadline, Nate Guenin has 2 regular season points. The same as Kunitz.

Since last season's trade deadline, Brad Malone has 5 regular season points. More than double Kunitz.

Since last season's trade deadline, Mike Weber has 1 regular season point. One less than Kunitz.

Since last season's trade deadline, Robert Bortuzzo has 3 regular season points. One more than Kunitz.

So, who has the worse contract, Kunitz or Scuderi?

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Same old shit we saw with Shero and Bylsma.

Stupid, idiotic decisions that reek of a stubborn, almost spiteful air.

"We know better than you. We're gonna square peg our way to victory."

Meanwhile, the team with two generational talents, an elite defenseman, and a franchise goalie circles the drain and looks like a lottery team.

It's almost as if it as nothing to do with Bylsma and Shero...

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
i have no idea how a work permit issue is keeping sprong out of the game tonight. how is that even possible?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I suppose they just left it to the last minute.
He was probably supposed to take care of it yesterday and be back today for the game but he got held up.

Also, they should've did it earlier cuz uhhh, yesterday, gov't officials were kinda busy with that whole election thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad