Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Panthers | win | What did it cost us?

What was Sid trying to hit on that shot?

• The net

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • A secondary assist

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Geno's nuts

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It hit a spot with little or no padding. The top of shin pads is basically a condensed oven mitt. Not where you would prefer to block or redirect a shot.

Hopefully nothing too bad for Malkin
Yeah I know I've played so I've been there. Sometimes it hurts worse than the actual injury is. Hopefully just a stinger

Reactions: StaalForOne

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I rewatched the video, puck hit him on the edge of the shorts, not on the knee

Reactions: Zirakzigil

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Malkin took one off the knee and hopefully it is a bone bruise. You never know but with Petry on LTIR, Pens can play DOC and move Teddy B up. Jarry won the game for the Pens and go from there. Pens rest Malkin for a game on the road is not the worst thing. Keep him in Florida for a couple and sun and let it heal.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
It hit a spot with little or no padding. The top of shin pads is basically a condensed oven mitt. Not where you would prefer to block or redirect a shot.

Hopefully nothing too bad for Malkin
One time my shin pad got twisted somehow and I took a pass straight off my shin bone. Hurt so bad it took the air out of my lungs. Just from a pass.

Moral of the story, never skimp on the clear tape.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Special teams finally getting us some points in the standings. I thought they had a good game. You’re not going to beat a team like that without them getting some chances of their own.

I think my big fear is that we’re going to have to pay Jarry north of 7 million at this point.
This really needs to be talked about. Special teams are finally not making us slit our wrists for a change.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
One time my shin pad got twisted somehow and I took a pass straight off my shin bone. Hurt so bad it took the air out of my lungs. Just from a pass.

Moral of the story, never skimp on the clear tape.
I played pond hockey without shin pads exactly one time, and never again for similar reasons. Run of the mill stick check or a pass can feel like a two hander.

Very similar to falling on your elbow without elbow pads. Real easy way to learn how useful equipmen can be.

Reactions: SomeDude

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Aerosmith had an album named Night in the Ruts!! But they wanted to Call in Right in the Nuts but Record Label said NO

• Haha
Reactions: Zirakzigil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad