GDT: Pens vs. Nucks|December 4, 2014 @ CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Have to give the Canucks a bit of credit tonight too. They've smothered every single thing we've tried.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The Shero era is the gift that keeps on giving. Amazing when you look at our forward group minus the guys he inherited look like a average AHL squad.

weeping

JR chose to go into the season by exacerbating that situation. For as much as I appreciate his talk, the evidence so far doesn't match the talk.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Watching no profit from all these drafted d-men has me saying.... get rid of everyone on defense and keep: Letang, Maatta, Despres, and fill in the rest w/ who we drafted for cheap. Take all the other money and put it towards wingers. We need 'em.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Watching no profit from all these drafted d-men has me saying.... get rid of everyone on defense and keep: Letang, Maatta, Despres, and fill in the rest w/ who we drafted for cheap. Take all the other money and put it towards wingers. We need 'em.

Tonight is why you trade Paul Martin, and there's no shortage of suitors, that's for sure.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I know it's still relatively early but the Ehrhoff/Downie signings just both look like mistakes to me. Neither guy is really making any kind of tangible impact(other than Downie putting us on the PK frequently). I'd love to be proven wrong though.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I know it's still relatively early but the Ehrhoff/Downie signings just both look like mistakes to me. Neither guy is really making any kind of tangible impact(other than Downie putting us one the PK frequently). I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I wasn't a fan of the Hoff signing....the Downie signing sucks right now...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Tonight is why you trade Paul Martin, and there's no shortage of suitors, that's for sure.

Just don't get your hopes up on getting anything other than a vet winger in return. Martin is an impending UFA and old. Teams would value him, but not to the point that they'd give us what we really need which is a young gun.

Maybe he could be packaged with a prospect for something worthwhile. Maybe.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I know it's still relatively early but the Ehrhoff/Downie signings just both look like mistakes to me. Neither guy is really making any kind of tangible impact(other than Downie putting us one the PK frequently). I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Downie hasn't put us on the pk in 6 straight games and has played some very solid hockey.

zantiubraun

Jul 2, 2013
I guess I should start posting here on the pens board sometimes atleast. So far I've only been posting on hf if dead bored ;).

But I'm a pens fan from Finland, been watching like 75% of the games since 2011.

Frustrating game tonight but at least pens got chances. But they made it a pretty easy shutout for Lack, no finish.. At least Malkin was all over the ice. Crosby mostly quiet tonight. But obiously hard for them to create offense with NO top six wingers tonight :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad