GDT: Pens vs. Nucks|December 4, 2014 @ CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Just remember that tonight is the night where we heard Steiggy say "Adams in a phonebooth." 12/4/14...never forget.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm not even giving out a minus for anyone this game.

They are missing an entire team of wingers and their best DMan.

Sure, you can say that Sid (and Geno) can't make a pass, but who are they playing with? Not even their normal riff raff.

Gotta be better, sure, but stinkers are going to happen when you have this many injuries.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
The offensive support of our d-men is awful. Everything is either wide or blocked. And it´s not like they don´t have the looks. Really bad. Paul Martin, Olli Maatta and Ehrhoff to a lesser extent too.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The Shero era is the gift that keeps on giving. Amazing when you look at our forward group minus the guys he inherited look like a average AHL squad.

weeping

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not even giving out a minus for anyone this game.

They are missing an entire team of wingers and their best DMan.

Sure, you can say that Sid (and Geno) can't make a pass, but who are they playing with? Not even their normal riff raff.

Gotta be better, sure, but stinkers are going to happen when you have this many injuries.

This isn't the stinker to be critical.

This is the game where what everyone should be critical of is Pens management, and not just the previous regime.

If one of Crosby/Malkin doesn't go into God mode in a game, then you almost assuredly get what you're getting tonight.

I don't care who they are or how much they can do. If you're set up to fail, if the difference between you and your peers is neutralized by the difference between your respective linemates, then you're going to fail.

Can't win a cup without Paul Martin? **** that. The only thing the Pens won't win another cup without is Sid and Geno being set up to succeed. It's like this organization still thinks that once in a life time run of lucky opponents in 2009 will happen a second time.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
82 of these buggers. Pens will look bad in some. Shorthanded with injuries to the forwards is very hard to overcome. Don't like the effort all that much, but pens had a great November so I expect a little fall off anyway.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Few things more discouraging than seeing the Pens on a break and then realizing one of Adams or Sill has the puck.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
It has to be a bad omen that on Adams' record equaling game they're getting shutout and Hornqvist got hurt.

Maybe after the next game his deal with the devil will run out and he will quit being able to suck the health out of the rest of the team to keep himself going

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Wow, we're pulling ahead on the powerplays. Can't say I expected that.

We'll get power plays as long as we don't score on them. It's when we're killing it that the refs decide it would be unfair to put the Pens on a power play. Really seems that obvious, wrong but typical NHL inconsistency.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I agree he has had a good game aside from that brain fart. Really don't know why supporters of one goalie have to bash the other every time they mess up. Goalies have not been an issue at all this year. I'd argue they've been a strength.

Preach on brother. Preach on. They have nothing to do with one another.

I've found most people around here have this sad need to make sure their player is given credit when another player is playing bad :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad