Nick Spaling - Sidney Crosby - Patric Hornqvist

Jayson Megna - Evgeni Malkin - Blake Comeau

Andrew Ebbett - Brandon Sutter - Steve Downie

Zach Sill - Marcel Goc - Craig Adams

Paul Martin - Olli Maatta

Christian Ehrhoff - Brian Dumoulin

Simon Despres - Rob Scuderi

Thomas Greiss

Injured: Pascal Dupuis (blood clot), Beau Bennett (lower body), Kris Letang (groin), Chris Kunitz (foot fracture)

Nucks:

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Radim Vrbata

Chris Higgins - Nick Bonino - Alexandre Burrows

Shawn Matthias - Brad Richardson - Linden Vey

Derek Dorsett - Bo Horvat - Jannik Hansen

Alexander Edler - Christopher Tanev

Luca Sbisa - Kevin Bieksa

Ryan Stanton - Yannick Weber

Eddie Lack

Injured: Zack Kassian (finger), Tom Sestito (lower body), Dan Hamhuis (lower body)

Stats:

0f03aa7a48503d0d1ae6f3905951d314.png

9c4e0ff61609121e80a2d45cd9fbabbd.png

9a373106d3a6790cfe45c80ec0d8c628.png

Preview:

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins will adjust their defensive pairings against the Vancouver Canucks on Thursday at Consol Energy Center with suspended defenseman Robert Bortuzzo out of the lineup.

Bortuzzo received a two-game suspension Wednesday from the NHL Department of Player Safety for a late hit on New Jersey Devils forward Jaromir Jagr on Tuesday.

Pittsburgh held an optional skate Thursday morning, but it is expected defenseman Brian Dumoulin will enter the lineup and potentially play alongside Christian Ehrhoff. Paul Martin with Olli Maatta and Simon Despres with Rob Scuderi are the other probable defensive pairings.

"Obviously there's a little bit of nerves, especially playing in the National Hockey League," Dumoulin said. "But having those games last year definitely helps me know. Knowing some of the guys around the room has made me more comfortable. ... You can't think too much out there. It's really just about keeping my game simple."

The Penguins also will make a change in net with Thomas Greiss set to make his first start at Consol Energy Center. Greiss has made five starts for Pittsburgh this season, each on the road. He's 3-1-1 record with a 2.37 goals-against average and .927 save percentage.

"It's nice to play in front of the home crowd," Greiss said. "[The Canucks] are really even this year. It's a sign of a good team. You have to battle hard and match it up."

Greiss most likely will face Eddie Lack, who was the first Canucks goalie off the ice during their morning skate. Lack last played Nov. 20 in a 4-3 shootout loss to the Anaheim Ducks.

"I feel like Willie [Desjardins, coach] is doing a good job of keeping me fresh and motivated all the time," Lack said. "So there's been no problems at all … I hope that if I can get a couple wins together here, maybe get the ship rolling a little bit."

The most interesting matchup could come behind the benches, as Penguins coach Mike Johnston was the best man at Desjardins' wedding. However, Johnston said, "There's no friendships here tonight," after recounting their relationship.

Desjardins said he talked to Johnston on Wednesday about how fortunate they are to each coach in the NHL.

"During the summer we talked about different jobs coming up and things like that," Desjardins said. "I knew he was on the radar for a lot of teams. … It's such a great opportunity to coach in the NHL. It's unbelievable.

"Every day you kind of wake up and you're like, 'It's pretty great.'"

[NHL]689525[/NHL]​

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Good work on the GDT, PensOilerfan94.:yo:

LGP!

I guess I wasn't the only unconcious person the last game. Be better than that.

Hazu*

Sep 25, 2011
I LOVE YOU CROSBY!
I LOVE YOU MALKIN!

Plz play some good hockey tonight!!!!!!

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Just came here to say that Bob Errey really has developed into a PRO broadcaster. I remember him playing ice hockey back then... was a real fast guy with skates. He fits the tv job very well.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Would like to see us get a PPG or two tonight. Seem to have fallen a little bit on that.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
steigy just said johnston and desjardins have been friends "since the 20s"

Fordy

May 28, 2008
The fact that Dumoulin is in the top 4 over Despres makes me want to burn puppies

we can't break up scuderi and despres's chemistry. scuderi really calms him down and directs traffic out there. he's like a security blanket

he's an assistant captain

i know he just failed an easy clear but

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
way to play a tough game, Scuderi.

"I MIGHT TAKE A HIT, I'LL JUST STAND HERE INSTEAD"

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Everytime I hear Christopher Higgins I think Christopher Robbins from Winnie the Pooh... Oh bother.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Slow start.

Slow, yes, but I think we look sharper at the little things than the last several games. Nucks are forechecking fast, and we don't look as discombobulated as we have against similar teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad