Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Leafs: Much needed point

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
The Red Sox will be in Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks.

Maybe someone can find FSG and ask them if they are actually paying attention to the hockey team they also own.
What is FSG doing that is any different from Mario/Burkle? Fans heard from Mario like once every five years. The man consciously avoided the spotlight and the media.

FSG hired Dubas to run the hockey operations just like they hired someone to run Liverpool's operation and hired someone to run the Red Sox. They intervene when that appointed person falls short, just like when they fired Hextall and Burke.

Do you really want micromanaging owners? That's how you get the Dallas Cowboys.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I do think some of it is the roster probably being the worst collection of 3v3 players with the core being older (we suck off the rush) but yeah.

4-7 lost points on the year at least

We don't suck off the rush, we never GET rushes. No practice.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
My thoughts on sully

Attachments

• IMG_1166.gif
    IMG_1166.gif
    616.4 KB · Views: 1

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Anyway for all my complaining a point helps and it's tough to be too mad at where they are sitting right now all things considered. But man... unforced stupidity makes me mad. Even when they are on a roll this team finds a way to step on it's own... uh... stick.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I wouldn't care about FSG being aloof if the very few decisions they've publicly made haven't been re-signing a f***ing loser coach two years before his current deal was even up (after his fourth consecutive 1st round exit no less), and abandoning a multi-week search for a new GM to embarrassingly throw themselves prostrate at Dubas' feet. /shrug

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I wouldn't care about FSG being aloof if the very few decisions they've publicly made haven't been re-signing a f***ing loser coach two years before his current deal was even up (after his fourth consecutive 1st round exit no less), and abandoning a multi-week search for a new GM to embarrassingly throw themselves prostrate at Dubas' feet. /shrug

Yeah, but you can't fire Mike Sullivan because you gotta find another Mike Sullivan. Pretty sure Dubas got that quote from @DesertedPenguin actually.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I honestly think they're hanging onto Sullivan because they think he's the best option during the rebuild. It has nothing to do with now. Butts are still in seats, what do they care.

Tickets have been sold but there are plenty of empty seats.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Yeah, but you can't fire Mike Sullivan because you gotta find another Mike Sullivan. Pretty sure Dubas got that quote from @DesertedPenguin actually.
Nah, I'm holding out hope that word salad from Dubas was just him acting as a human shield as the heat was cranking up.

Dubas cannot let this coaching staff come back as is unless they somehow pull a Cup out of their ass. If he wants to keep backing Sullivan because the core wants him to stay, I guess I get it. But this team needs new voices in the room around Sullivan if he's not outright replaced.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Needed 1 point between the Leafs and Bruins, we got it. Wish the PP would start clicking. Win against the Wings, Caps and Isles and we got this!

0eghetyajka91.gif

You negative wankers need to calm the fetch down.

MRAGse.gif
Need three points out of TML and Bos. Also we got the Preds, Isles and wings no Caps. I will grant that many of us are negative wankers.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
They played a good 60 minutes. Holding the Leafs to 22 shots in regulation on the road is pretty good. Rust had some amazing chances, EK was sending everything to the net, and the PP looked pretty good, certainly much better than it has most of the season.

Unfortunately Sullivan didn't start Sid and Rust in OT. I understand the idea of putting out Eller and DOC, but in making that decision you also have to weigh the negative risk of what happened. I think you always start your top forward duo in OT because it's OT - they might not get a chance if they aren't taking the first shift. Think about the rush EK had at the start where he fed Eller who shot it over the net. If that was Sid, maybe he scores. And it isn't like Sid and Rust aren't trusted defensively. Sully must have the philosophy of "contain the other teams best player" but in 3v3 containing the opponents best player means keeping them from the puck, and Eller and DOC certainly aren't going to succeed playing a possession game.

Anyway, go take it to Detroit on Thursday. What is the preferential result for DET/WSH tomorrow?

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
They played a good 60 minutes. Holding the Leafs to 22 shots in regulation on the road is pretty good. Rust had some amazing chances, EK was sending everything to the net, and the PP looked pretty good, certainly much better than it has most of the season.

Unfortunately Sullivan didn't start Sid and Rust in OT. I understand the idea of putting out Eller and DOC, but in making that decision you also have to weigh the negative risk of what happened. I think you always start your top forward duo in OT because it's OT - they might not get a chance if they aren't taking the first shift. Think about the rush EK had at the start where he fed Eller who shot it over the net. If that was Sid, maybe he scores. And it isn't like Sid and Rust aren't trusted defensively. Sully must have the philosophy of "contain the other teams best player" but in 3v3 containing the opponents best player means keeping them from the puck, and Eller and DOC certainly aren't going to succeed playing a possession game.

Anyway, go take it to Detroit on Thursday. What is the preferential result for DET/WSH tomorrow?
WSH regulation win. More importantly, RAGS regulation win over Isles.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol…fury isn’t going to win them games…Rust couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn tonight, so slow to get his shots off…shoot quicker and more accurately and get it in the net…

Reactions: canadianguy77

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I honestly think they're hanging onto Sullivan because they think he's the best option during the rebuild. It has nothing to do with now. Butts are still in seats, what do they care.
What's worse than Mike Sullivan coaching a veteran team that's on its last legs? Mike Sullivan coaching a team full of young players with potential.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Can you call him up and ask him to fire Sullivan.

Thanks,
All Pens Fans

I don’t know him personally , just met him at a soo Greyhounds game like 13 years ago way before he rose to prominence, but If I could I would. Sullivan really made a major mistake starting Eller that was plain impulsiveness and if the Pens will succeed they can’t have major coaching errors like that

Reactions: Darren McCord

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I do like the fact that three of our next games are at home. We're better at home in general and I thought we fed a lot off the crowd last game.

Hopefully we put up an undefeated homestand and then the game vs the Isles ends up being for playoff positioning but not actually do-or-die. I could live with that.

I would f-ing hate going into Long Island having to win to get in though. No way in hell we'd beat the Islanders in a must win game. Just no way lol. That franchise has voodoo over us.

Reactions: Andy99 and Smasher

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Needed 1 point between the Leafs and Bruins, we got it. Wish the PP would start clicking. Win against the Wings, Caps and Isles and we got this!

0eghetyajka91.gif

You negative wankers need to calm the fetch down.

MRAGse.gif
They don't play the Caps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad