Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Knights: Blew 2 periods of hard work in 2 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Father Time is Undefeated ! Firing Asst. Coaches Trading for guys is NOT going to make Sid, Geno & Letang young again

Okay. And which part of Sid, Geno, and Letang is problematic right now? Just whining that they're old over and over is lazy and utterly illogical to the evidence at hand.

- Sid is still one of the best in the league, AND on a great deal $$ wise. So because he's older we have to use that to trump his actual performance?
- Geno and Letang are playing way above the 6M they are making.

An inverse, should you need an opposite to understand the counter to whatever point you're making is: Ovi is old, underperforming, AND expensive. You could make an argument about father time and team performance by arguing against what he's brought relative to his age, contract, and performance. You cannot do the same with our 3 - at least not with any shred of evidence.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Yeah when this team starts getting the ice tilted against them it feels like the momentum never stops for the other team.

Everyone on here knew once Vegas got that first one that they would tie it up. It was a forgone conclusion.

And for good teams, that doesn't necessarily happen.

Notice how when we tried to counterpush at 3-2 Vegas shut us down with ease
I think that crept up into their psych several seasons ago, and its just there, it will never be changed with this core and this coach..need dramatic change to snap out of it, need motivator that can send message...I know all along that our main guy won't change, I thought younger guys or guys that come in trade may bring different attitude, but they all just blend in

Reactions: Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Sid is still one of the best in the league
Meh. Tied for 20th in P/GP. Nice goal count, but wouldn't crack my top 10 Forwards in the league this year. Powerplay work too trash.
We still talk like he's a top 3 player in the league or w/e, but here he stands 30 points back of Mac and 28 behind Kucherov.

Which is totally fine of course. He's 36 y/o.
Just as long as we're being realistic about how much carry power he has.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I didn’t watch this game cause you couldn’t pay me to stay up til 1 am watching the 2024 Penguins but… I still know we lost cause Jarry is ass
2-0 lead with 10 mins to go? What could possibly go wrong

mgid:arc:imageassetref:shared.southpark.us.en:b1ede551-1aba-419e-9812-06fc24fb6fd7

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Meh. Tied for 20th in P/GP. Nice goal count, but wouldn't crack my top 10 Forwards in the league this year. Powerplay work too trash.
We still talk like he's a top 3 player in the league or w/e, but here he stands 30 points back of Mac and 28 behind Kucherov.

Literally all of our offense depends on Sid.

Mac is a beast so no argument there. But the point is that he's paid like a complimentary winger (Meier) and carries an entire hockey team/franchise. Let's not kid ourselves.

The two you quoted do have solid playoff resumes so there's that. But the point wasn't that he's the best (I could make an argument for that though) - it's that he's more than adequate (more than awesome) on this team for what he brings over the cap. That's in a vaccuum totally ignoring record-watching and history. He's a steal.

MacK also makes 4M more per year so being 30 points up should be expected not cheered.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'd argue we are a bit worse this year..maybe expected shitty stats but last year at this time, I had zero doubts we would make playoffs, now I doubt
Doesn’t really matter what the fancy stats say…I think we’ll end up with a record that’s further out of the playoffs than we had last season..

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

That's fair. However...powerplay points...in all honesty.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Okay. And which part of Sid, Geno, and Letang is problematic right now? Just whining that they're old over and over is lazy and utterly illogical to the evidence at hand.

- Sid is still one of the best in the league, AND on a great deal $$ wise. So because he's older we have to use that to trump his actual performance?
- Geno and Letang are playing way above the 6M they are making.

An inverse, should you need an opposite to understand the counter to whatever point you're making is: Ovi is old, underperforming, AND expensive. You could make an argument about father time and team performance by arguing against what he's brought relative to his age, contract, and performance. You cannot do the same with our 3 - at least not with any shred of evidence.
You can try all you want to lie to yourself, But They are Not winning another SC or even getting close & I am "Whining"?? That is all you Hurry up & do something posters do

No, but proper usage of the roster around them would at least take full advantage of their strengths and minimize the weaknesses age has brought on. Sullivan is almost playing a game to see just how bad he can do without getting fired.
Because You are a Known NHL coach who has won Back 2 Back SC's .............. OH WAIT

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
You can try all you want to lie to yourself, But They are Not winning another SC or even getting close & I am "Whining"?? That is all you Hurry up & do something posters do

Because You are a Known NHL coach who has won Back 2 Back SC's .............. OH WAIT

So they are the entire team? Having those 3 precludes the front office from spending the other 61M in cap space on adequate players?

If Sid, Geno, or Letang were on any other team - they cannot win the cup? The entire basis of your argument is that because they are over 35 they cannot win the cup. That's an illogical fallacy. Put Sid on any other team in the league and that team is better. So, put other players from around the league with him and this team is better.

Just saying over and over they can't win - then saying they're too old is an inaccurate argument based on several factors. To the original point here - you tried saying that firing the coach(s) or moving players isn't enough because Sid, Geno, and Letang are 'old'. Just a dumb and lazy post.

Reactions: vodeni

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Blueger has 21pts in 32 games....

You gotta love seeing that.
Blueger always had more skill than he shown. Hard to get anything done offensively in the roles he was played in.

No excuse for why a bum like Harkins is in over a pretty reliable forechecking vet like Hino.

Sullivan just puts too many black holes in the lineup.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Check out the JFresh charts in this one, people…it’s mind blowing and tells you all you need to know…fire the coach, please

I don't think all of the defensive first forwards have been a miss. Eller is our first complete solid 3C since Bonino.

Always thought the Smith trade wasn't enough offensively and had a chance at being looked at badly with revisionism, considering who was getting traded at the time, for nothing.

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

5 on 5 I think Sid is up there, I would still take him this year over anyone sanse maybe 2 guys. If our PP is not such shit, he would be way up there

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
So they are the entire team? Having those 3 precludes the front office from spending the other 61M in cap space on adequate players?

If Sid, Geno, or Letang were on any other team - they cannot win the cup? The entire basis of your argument is that because they are over 35 they cannot win the cup. That's an illogical fallacy. Put Sid on any other team in the league and that team is better. So, put other players from around the league with him and this team is better.

Just saying over and over they can't win - then saying they're too old is an inaccurate argument based on several factors. To the original point here - you tried saying that firing the coach(s) or moving players isn't enough because Sid, Geno, and Letang are 'old'. Just a dumb and lazy post.
Been Proven right for quite a while now

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think all of the defensive first forwards have been a miss. Eller is our first complete solid 3C since Bonino.

Always thought the Smith trade wasn't enough offensively and had a chance at being looked at badly with revisionism, considering who was getting traded at the time, for nothing.
It’s not that everyone is bad individually ….it’s that collectively we’re not getting the job done when it counts, as witnessed by blown leads and rush chances etc

Reactions: Josey Wales
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad