Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Kings: PP giveth and taketh away on Jagr night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From a poster on another site:

“About 100 years ago I played goalie, nowhere near the pro level, so I'm not saying I know it all because I surely don't. But I've noticed something very basic that is happening that could avoid some goals that Jarry is allowing, and last night it was crystal clear on the game winning goal for LA, and also the last game that he played. When he is going down into the butterfly position he raises his goalie stick up off the ice which allows the 5 hole to be exposed and that's where they scored to make it 2-1 last night. If he would just grip the stick about a half foot higher he could keep the blade of the stick on the ice when he drops into the butterfly, cover the 5 hole and make the save. I wish I could get this message to him but I know that's impossible, but it's a simple fix to something that is allowing some crushing goals lately.”

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
427915160_799462982223355_1418660150172776283_n.jpg

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: Gurglesons

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain

“About 100 years ago I played goalie, nowhere near the pro level, so I'm not saying I know it all because I surely don't. But I've noticed something very basic that is happening that could avoid some goals that Jarry is allowing, and last night it was crystal clear on the game winning goal for LA, and also the last game that he played. When he is going down into the butterfly position he raises his goalie stick up off the ice which allows the 5 hole to be exposed and that's where they scored to make it 2-1 last night. If he would just grip the stick about a half foot higher he could keep the blade of the stick on the ice when he drops into the butterfly, cover the 5 hole and make the save. I wish I could get this message to him but I know that's impossible, but it's a simple fix to something that is allowing some crushing goals lately.”
Better idea: ship him off to NJD/CAR while he still has positive value. Two teams who are unlikely to be on his no-trade list. Undercut Nashville and Calgary if you have to. Package Tristan into a cannon and jettison him far, far away from Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
What is most troubling to me is that is would appear a number of guys simply don't give a crap and they play like it. Smith and Rakell in particular play like they can't be bothered with giving a shit. Of course, Puljujarvi will wonder why bother as well soon enough.
I think you're confusing a lack of effort for guys just being kinda mediocre.

It's the same thing as when people thought Carter was taking nights off. The guy's just old and he sucks. :laugh:

I don't think anybody on the team is out for a skate on any given night/shift. It's just a bad team buoyed by Sid.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Nah I'd move Sid as well in this case. This franchise goes scorched earth or retool with Sid, Geno, Tanger, and Karlsson with a new coach.

Not "just Sid!"...f*** that entire pile of horse shit.

I mean blokes don't seem all that mad when Malkin is blamed with the worst winger options for him. So here we are...

Why are we shocked mate? Sid's line hasn't been great defensively but they score so no shade is thrown his way, Malkin gets zero of that benefit. Zero.

This post doesn't make sense. Malkin "gets zero of that beenfit" yeah..Crosby has 25% more offensive production than Geno does. He also is +17 better than him and has 11 more 5on5 points. They are not even comparable this season.

Not to mention, Crosby may set a career high in Goals, FO%, takeaways, hits, and +/-. He is having a phenomenal year on a dumpster fire team. I don't know how anyway can watch him play this year and try to boil his play down to "defensive metrics" given his linemates suck defensively. He garners Selke votes every year; he didn't just fall off defensively all of a sudden.

Come on

Jul 28, 2021
This post doesn't make sense. Malkin "gets zero of that beenfit" yeah..Crosby has 25% more offensive production than Geno does. He also is +17 better than him and has 11 more 5on5 points. They are not even comparable this season.

Not to mention, Crosby may set a career high in Goals, FO%, takeaways, hits, and +/-. He is having a phenomenal year on a dumpster fire team. I don't know how anyway can watch him play this year and try to boil his play down to "defensive metrics" given his linemates suck defensively. He garners Selke votes every year; he didn't just fall off defensively all of a sudden.
Just hit ignore on the idiot. I did lol

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
LMAO The loveable losers. circa 2003

That's what pisses me off so much about this team. From a talent perspective, this 2023 team would skate circles around that one.
But the Gen X put in 100% effort every shift and may indeed beat this current iteration.

That's why I loved what was going on 20 years ago- those dudes sucked but they played with heart

Reactions: Ryder71

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
So He is PART of the Solution or PART of the Problem

"I'm going to carry water for a coach that hasn't won a playoff series in 6 years and blame a generational player"

The fact you criticize Tomlin and not Sullivan is quite strange bc they are essentially the same coach: a has been that's lost the team and can't do diddly squat in the playoffs for the past 6 years.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Well it checks out that this goalie played 100 years ago because he does not know this is a fairly common technique now. Goalies count on their pads to close that 5 hole instead of their sticks.

The issue is that Jarry thought that pass was going to come across and he opened up his legs a bit. Unfortunate, but he had it locked down for 2.5 periods. The team in front of him blows donkey nuts

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So DK says Hellberg was in the press box last night as an emergency recall….briefly recalled and then not when game started but he stayed in Pittsburgh…then after the game DK was told that Jarry was unavailable to talk because he was getting treatment…putting two and two together, it looks like Jarry is nursing an injury lol

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So DK says Hellberg was in the press box last night as an emergency recall….then after the game he was told that Jarry was unavailable to talk because he was getting treatment…putting two and two together, it looks like Jarry is nursing an injury lol

Well it's another Penguins season post-New Year, yes?

This is tradition at this point.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Jarry leads the league in shutouts, is top 10 in save percentage, and top 10 in goals against average. If he were playing even a little better than he is now he'd be a legitimate Vezina candidate. He's paid to be a good starter and he's playing at or above his cap hit.

The Penguins can't score. Players leave and start scoring like crazy. Players arrive and start scoring less.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Jarry leads the league in shutouts, is top 10 in save percentage, and top 10 in goals against average. If he were playing even a little better than he is now he'd be a legitimate Vezina candidate. He's paid to be a good starter and he's playing at or above his cap hit.

The Penguins can't score. Players leave and start scoring like crazy. Players arrive and start scoring less.

He's playing at his cap hit. Glad Jarry is doing exactly what he is paid to do.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
So DK says Hellberg was in the press box last night as an emergency recall….briefly recalled and then not when game started but he stayed in Pittsburgh…then after the game DK was told that Jarry was unavailable to talk because he was getting treatment…putting two and two together, it looks like Jarry is nursing an injury lol
So we should be expecting a post this week saying season over for Jarry!!

• Haha

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

His numbers would be much better with a system in place, unfortunately our coaching staff is dumb as f*** and need to be fired but that ain't happening!!

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
It's Called Lying to yourself, that the ONLY problem is Sullivan & or Coaching Staff
Literally no one says the ONLY problem is Sullivan or Coaching Staff. Curious as to (a) why you'd suggest anyone said that and (b) how you decide when you use capitalization. It reminds me of my daughter's texts when she was 11.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Literally no one says the ONLY problem is Sullivan or Coaching Staff. Curious as to (a) why you'd suggest anyone said that and (b) how you decide when you use capitalization. It reminds me of my daughter's texts when she was 11.
Wake The Kids, You have many many posters saying if Gallant or BBQ Bruce Boudreau was the HC they would be in the playoffs

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Goaltending isn't the problem.

Team chemistry sucks. D started falling apart in the 3rd. PP got some legs, and then did the stupid.

Can we hire Jagr as PP coach for the rest of the season? I bet you he could fix that part of it at least! Hell...he could probably join the PP on the ice and fix it!

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
"I'm going to carry water for a coach that hasn't won a playoff series in 6 years and blame a generational player"

The fact you criticize Tomlin and not Sullivan is quite strange bc they are essentially the same coach: a has been that's lost the team and can't do diddly squat in the playoffs for the past 6 years.

I would love to coach in this city. The standards of success are so damn low to keep your job. Hell the pirates extended their babysitter after it was pretty clear they would avoid losing 100 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad