Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Kings | Loss| Lets not talk about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Give it another week with Geno. But Carter should be on the 3rd line.
He's not going to ever play well, with Geno or with anyone else. He's so sloppy with the puck and he just doesn't friggen play hard or in the hard areas. HE should be moved as fast as possible.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
f***ing losers.
he's a bust. It would be infuriating to coach him. I am hoping him playing with favorite player brings the best out of him but favorite player also takes nights/shifts off so we'll see. So far one good game and one questionable one.
I'm so confused because he was great last season. Great at carrying the puck, making plays. He did a complete 180 and it's amazing

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Letang and Dumo were shit…
We did not pressure LA’s D all night with our forecheck…they had all day to make plays up the ice…singling out any forward is fruitless, they were all below expectations except Blueger and Zohorna…
I’m not going to stress unless that same team shows up Saturday night…however, I agree with those saying this shows the limits of GCR (Rust or ERod does not matter) in the POs…I’ve never been a fan…fine for the RS most of the time, but I’d like Sully to experiment with a player like Heinen or McGinn or even Carter or Zucker on Sid’s wing…they need to have an option that allows them to play heavier hockey when needed…

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I'm so confused because he was great last season. Great at carrying the puck, making plays. He did a complete 180 and it's amazing

I wouldn't say he was good last year. He had more good moments. Still a lot of inconsistency. I was wrong about Kapanen. I really thought he was going to thrive. I watch alot of leaf games.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Letang and Dumo were shit…
We did not pressure LA’s D all night with our forecheck…they had all day to make plays up the ice…singling out any forward is fruitless, they were all below expectations except Blueger and Zohorna…
I’m not going to stress unless that same team shows up Saturday night…however, I agree with those saying this shows the limits of GCR (Rust or ERod does not matter) in the POs…I’ve never been a fan…fine for the RS most of the time, but I’d like Sully to experiment with a player like Heinen or McGinn or even Carter or Zucker on Sid’s wing…they need to have an option that allows them to play heavier hockey when needed…

Saying the first line is going to struggle in the playoffs just like before because we lost to a good/hot LA team is total keyboard expertis. Its a road trip. Players were out of the lineup. Rust didn't even play. Teams lose on the west coast. It happens.

Are you forgetting how line 1 did against a heavy team like St. Louis? This kind of selective narrative posting is rampant and amateur.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Woof. Only saw the first. I was going to watch the rest of it, but I guess it's not worth it now.

Would be nice to beat the Sharks to guarantee at least a .500 road trip. The schedule lightens up quite a bit after the Vegas game.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Saying the first line is going to struggle in the playoffs just like before because we lost to a good/hot LA team is total keyboard expertis. Its a road trip. Players were out of the lineup. Rust didn't even play. Teams lose on the west coast. It happens.

Are you forgetting how line 1 did against a heavy team like St. Louis? This kind of selective narrative posting is rampant and amateur.

no, “keyboard expertise” and “selective narrative posting” is consistently singling out favorite player and his linemate for blame…

Last edited:
Reactions: dogthateats

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
no, “keyboard expertise” and “selective narrative posting” is consistently singling out favorite player and his linemate for blame…

Hey I recognize when he plays well like Tuesday's game. There is a few pieces of cake that a favorable with a lot of icing on it. But the problem is most of the rest of the cake doesn't have icing and is unfavorable. That's how I see it. Bad investment moving forward.

Favorite player stunk last night.

Thanks for quoting me as my thoughts were unfairly editting.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Well, at least I don't have to be angry about not seeing the Pens for the first time they've been in LA in a couple years...

The strange thing I get from watching Bjorkqvist is he's been billed since his draft days as this big strong physical guy, but I don't really see him bringing that to the rink at all. Am I missing something?

I've seen a below replacement-level player filling a jersey well and that's about it. My expectations were low and he's not hitting them.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Like that goal in Dallas?
I still don't hate Marino. But I do think it's time to move that contract. I mean between him and Pettersson I can't stand one that can't clear shit in the crease and watches and the other has the worst offensive instincts and bad pinches.

They're milquetoast types of defenders that we already have In Dumoulin and POJ in the system that has been ready. That's 8m we can free up and upgrade and still be better off.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Didn't see the game. Almost midnight here when it started. Maybe we can chock this one up to playing past midnight in their regular time zone? It seems many of them might have been half asleep.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Hey I recognize when he plays well like Tuesday's game. There is a few pieces of cake that a favorable with a lot of icing on it. But the problem is most of the rest of the cake doesn't have icing and is unfavorable. That's how I see it. Bad investment moving forward.

Favorite player stunk last night.

Thanks for quoting me as my thoughts were unfairly editting.

yes, favorite player stunk last night but so did every forward not on L3 and every Dman…to single favorite player out is crass hypocrisy on your part but that’s par for the course from you…I don’t expect better

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Still missing three big names in Rust, Heinen, and McGinn. We didn't match their speed and tempo. It was a pretty even game until the outburst in the third.

To be honest, it was a humbling game. Hopefully this humbles the boys a little bit and helps them refocus.

Jake-Sid-Rust
Carter-Malkin-Kapanen
Zucker-ERod-Heinen
BigZ-Bleuger-McGinn

and it could have been a different game. Bottom 6 was okay...but...

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Ever notice when #71 is criticized defenders always point to the team sucking or pointily attacking Crosby. Like it always have to be blurred with excuses and lumped in with the team.

The players making the most money should be singled out because they get paid that way.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The strange thing I get from watching Bjorkqvist is he's been billed since his draft days as this big strong physical guy, but I don't really see him bringing that to the rink at all. Am I missing something?

Wasn't he billed as playing like prime Hornqvist? Or was that one of our other nondescript prospects?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
They dominated us all game. It wasn't the third period. It started from the beginning. We we're never in it.

That's fine, I understand that, but being tied 2-2 at the start of the 3rd and then 4 straight goals against, even being outplayed the 3rd is where they came unglued. Teams play bad sometimes and still win, LA was just on their game. The score is what matters, and they were in it 'til the 3rd.

Plus, now that Geno is back and constant guys in and out of the lineup I could see this team going .500 for a bit.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Interesting, Blueger line with Simon and Zo zero offensive zone starts yet Corsi 75%, chances 6:1, HDCF 3:1, they really mised ZAR...

to be thrutful, Sully did not match them against their TOP 6, their TOP 6 ate alive our TOP 6 in terms of possession

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad