• Buffalo

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Carter played more than Malkin at 5v5 tonight.
Definitely a bold choice.

If it’s truly being done to preserve Geno, I can understand it. If it’s because Sully trusts starting Carter in the DZ over G….LOL

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Guess we'll see what the starting lineup is tomorrow, but I will call for Sullivan's head if he runs Jake-Sid-Rust.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
+POJ

He is looking better and deserves more ictime.

++Maybe one day he wont look like a child and become a solid number 4

He played basically the same as Rutta and Dumoulin tonight. Dumoulin was at 15:57, he was at 15:30 and Rutta was at 14:24. POJ played substantially more at 5v5, almost all of his 15:30 was at 5v5 while Dumoulin and Rutta were in the 12 minute range at 5v5.

I'm not crazy about the ice time allocation with the defense (mostly because I think they're overplaying Letang, but I'm really happy to see that they're giving Pettersson a ton of minutes. He played 22:52 tonight and 20:13 at 5v5, it's exactly how they should be testing him to see if he can handle that usage.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
What? He has a wrist injury last year and a core muscle the year before that…maybe not as significant as Geno’s knee but still, not work playing 20 min a night like he did at age 28

I didn't say Crosby has never been injured before. I said that he hasn't been through as much as Geno in recent years.

Since 2013 Malkin has played 540 games. Crosby has played 655 games in that time.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He played basically the same as Rutta and Dumoulin tonight. Dumoulin was at 15:57, he was at 15:30 and Rutta was at 14:24. POJ played substantially more at 5v5, almost all of his 15:30 was at 5v5 while Dumoulin and Rutta were in the 12 minute range at 5v5.

I'm not crazy about the ice time allocation with the defense (mostly because I think they're overplaying Letang, but I'm really happy to see that they're giving Pettersson a ton of minutes. He played 22:52 tonight and 20:13 at 5v5, it's exactly how they should be testing him to see if he can handle that usage.
Ok. So it’s ok to complain about the D’s ice time but not the forwards? Lol

Reactions: Gurglesons

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I dont mind Genos minutes being limited to 15min a game, especially when we are winning. We need a healthy and rested Geno down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Yeah I have way bigger of an issue with Sullivan using the top-6 too much than Sullivan using the top-6 too little at this point in the year.

I've disliked how Sullivan hasn't used the bottom-6 enough this year and the ice time allocation today was substantially more reasonable. The ice time breakdown was basically:

Guentzel-Crosby-Rakell: 16 minutes
Zucker-Malkin-Rust: 12 minutes
McGinn-Carter-Heinen: 12 minutes
Poehling-Blueger-Archibald: 10 minutes

Ok. So it’s ok to complain about the D’s ice time but not the forwards? Lol

I wasn't complaining about the D's ice time. I wish they'd be using Letang a bit less but the overall usage with the defense was totally fine, and I specifically like how they're throwing Pettersson into a very challenging role.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah I have way bigger of an issue with Sullivan using the top-6 too much than Sullivan using the top-6 too little at this point in the year.

I've disliked how Sullivan hasn't used the bottom-6 enough this year and the ice time allocation today was substantially more reasonable. The ice time breakdown was basically:

I wasn't complaining about the D's ice time. I wish they'd be using Letang a bit less but the overall usage with the defense was totally fine, and I specifically like how they're throwing Pettersson into a very challenging role.
They need to even out the D pair ice times because Letang still looks bad lol

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Very good team effort.

Have to hope its not an issue with Rakell just as it was shown that Rust is a hockey player again with Geno.

Unconscionable to put JC out there with Dumo for the push from Winnipeg at the end IMO. But maybe I just say that because if I was Geno I would be livid with the constant snubs at the end of games if my line had given up the least and I had done as well on faceoffs as any other Pen.

And a shutout for Jarry in a close game, away against a team that has been one of the best teams in the league this year.
Good things to take away from this one. Third line sucked and my heart was in my throat every time the puck was near Dumo, but everything else was good to very good. At least considering that the opposition was good.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Id shave off 2min of the top line and give it to the bottom line actually. I hate riding Geno and Sid all season and than expecting them to have something left for the playoffs. If we have a multi goal lead, run out your bottom 6. If we are trailing, then run out Geno/Sid more.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Petry also had a hell of a game based on his results. 1 assist, +3, 72.82% xGF% at 5v5 and playing 22:15 in total.

He has had his highs and lows on the year overall, but his overall stat line looks super solid this year. He's at 8 points in 18 games, is a +4, is averaging 3 hits and 2 blocked shots per game, has good analytics (roughly at a 55% xGF% and +1% xGF%rel) and is playing about 21:40 a night against tough competition. I want to see him smooth it out a bit from "this guy looks like a #1D" and "this guy sucks", but he's overall been extremely good in the 2nd pair role statistically.

Id shave off 2min of the top line and give it to the bottom line actually. I hate riding Geno and Sid all season and than expecting them to have something left for the playoffs. If we have a multi goal lead, run out your bottom 6. If we are trailing, then run out Geno/Sid more.

Agree entirely. I think Sullivan has been overusing Crosby's line for a while, especially when Rust was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad