Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Early games

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Little deceptive since the Canes take a ton of low percentage shots from the point. A lot of easy freezes for Jarry.
I'm more concerned about the high danger count being heavily in their favor. Definitely outplayed us. We backchecked super well though.
They had like 6 HD chances in a row on their first goal.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Dude you are f***ing awesome for remembering. I was just thinking what was my old old old avatar and then I found it. Had to go OG. :yo:

So, what do think of the new paint job in here?

I personally love it. The Emperor theme, how did they know?:laugh:

Place just isn't the same without ya. I know, lurking in the background probably gives you nightmares of the old mod scene. Maybe not.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So, what do think of the new paint job in here?

I personally love it. The Emperor theme, how did they know?:laugh:

Place just isn't the same without ya. I know, lurking in the background probably gives you nightmares of the old mod scene. Maybe not.

I love the aesthetic of this much more than the last. I think this is the best the site has looked since probably back in 2009. I love it.

And i appreciate it but I'll tell you what is beautiful... putting the phone/laptop away during games and just taking it in. It's enjoyable and I don't seem to yell at ZAR as much.... :biglaugh:

And with the deadline looming, it's been pleasant because I honestly do not give a shit who the Pens get/don't get. I'll cheer 'em on regardless.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I love the aesthetic of this much more than the last. I think this is the best the site has looked since probably back in 2009. I love it.

And i appreciate it but I'll tell you what is beautiful... putting the phone/laptop away during games and just taking it in. It's enjoyable and I don't seem to yell at ZAR as much.... :biglaugh:

And with the deadline looming, it's been pleasant because I honestly do not give a shit who the Pens get/don't get. I'll cheer 'em on regardless.

Yeah. I don't try to be every second on here to catch all the snippets good/bad, I watch mostly and post mostly when good stuff happens (goals) unless something really burns my britches.

I still got that mojo wanting them to get that one more to seal their legacy's. One more, and I wouldn't care if they retired on the spot. Just switch over to rebuild mode.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At what point is it Geno and not whoever he's paired with? Not being a wise guy, serious question.
Yeah because unlike Crosby, Malkin gets a weird rotation of wingers that aren’t complimentary of his game at all, meanwhile the Penguins have lubed themselves up trying to please Crosby and his style by getting and trying a random slew of wingers until 2 drafted ones worked with him (even if statistically they work better with Malkin).

So all this time, they haven’t really done much to find wingers for Malkin and just sort of try things in hopes of it working because Malkin is an immense talent that is supposedly the one that has to make it work with any wingers he gets unlike Crosby who needs special types of players.

Yeah, it’s not f***ing Malkin.

Insert some witty quip.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Little deceptive since the Canes take a ton of low percentage shots from the point. A lot of easy freezes for Jarry.
I'm more concerned about the high danger count being heavily in their favor. Definitely outplayed us. We backchecked super well though.
I’d like to see them do that when they’re well rested and so is their opponent.

Not to say the 2pts matter, the regular season is to load up on as many points as possible to get home ice, but if you aren’t doing it in a convincing enough way often enough, its just points to get to a good spot to be out early and I can’t help but see that with this squad.

They played well vs a tired team and still got outshot even if a lot were low percentage shots and Jarry was sharp.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I’d like to see them do that when they’re well rested and so is their opponent.

Not to say the 2pts matter, the regular season is to load up on as many points as possible to get home ice, but if you aren’t doing it in a convincing enough way often enough, its just points to get to a good spot to be out early and I can’t help but see that with this squad.

They played well vs a tired team and still got outshot even if a lot were low percentage shots and Jarry was sharp.

We took a 2-0 lead in a back to back against Carolina and lost because our back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad