Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Jackets shootout loss

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Speaking of wankers, how about that Pens broadcast team when Joseph was penalized for very clearly getting his stick caught in Marchenko's skates and tripping him?

Getzoff apparently believes that he can't suck off POJ hard enough. When POJ gets sent back to the AHL where he belongs, can they please send Getzoff with him?

The broadcasters are all nothing but paid shills for the team, though Bourque pretends to be a "tell it like it *really* is" guy once in a while. But Getzoff, Colby & Rupp just read from the team-assigned talking points at all times -- and everything is GREAT!!!!

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Disappointing we got one point. Shoulda had zero.

I want that 8th overall. Thankfully we play quite a few good teams to end the year. Don't f*** it up!

Reactions: Andy99

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Getzoff apparently believes that he can't suck off POJ hard enough. When POJ gets sent back to the AHL where he belongs, can they please send Getzoff with him?

The broadcasters are all nothing but paid shills for the team, though Bourque pretends to be a "tell it like it *really* is" guy once in a while. But Getzoff, Colby & Rupp just read from the team-assigned talking points at all times -- and everything is GREAT!!!!
I hate this broadcasting team so much. The fakest, most lifeless, cringe, sorry ass, rag-tag group of hockey dudes. Pretty good microcosm of the FSG era Pens if you think about it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
From DK site- Postgame
Mike Sullivan: “If anyone can figure out goalie interference, we’re all ears.” Asked Sullivan if he can identity trends that have led to the Penguins’ inability to close out games in three-on-three overtime. He said “Yeah, there are.” I said, “Do you want to share them?” and he said, “Nope.”
As if we needed any more reasons to know that Sulllivan's time is up here...jesus.

What's sad - turn on any other game and it looks like the teams are playing at 2x the speed with 2x the passion and intensity. You go back to us and it looks likes we're on the tail end of a 10 consecutive game streak.

The trends are:
1. The coach's time has expired and no one has any real interest because they know the season is lost.
2. The defensive system is an abomination.
3. The offensive zone system is an abomination.

Chief Wiggum could get to the bottom of this one is record time.
Not Yohe. He’s still being a good little lap dog. View attachment 844000
It's two fold - yeah, it's about 75% Sullivan and 25% EK. The entire system sucks. They are so out of sorts and discombobulated that of course a free-wheeling, free-spirit like EK will struggle in it. That's the case of every dman we bring here. Another small part of me watches and can admit, "Yeah, EK doesn't always do himself a bunch of positive favors out there."
I hate this broadcasting team so much. The fakest, most lifeless, cringe, sorry ass, rag-tag group of hockey dudes. Pretty good microcosm of the FSG era Pens if you think about it.
I didn't mind Mears and Errey and I don't mind Getzoff and Rupp/Borqy/Army/etc. When this comes up and people recommend other PBP/CC teams, I listen in to their games and I'm never swayed and swooned by them. I think the only time I've legitimately liked anyone over who we have/had is Doc.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
I usually don´t say stuff like this because I don´t know the person in real life but I honestly think Sullivan is stupid as f***.

Nobody can tell me that he thinks playing the same system and same personal for two seasons and not getting the results he thinks he can archive is a good idea. He does this without reflecting on himself, the system and the other stuff he does. It´s insane!

I´m so sick of seeing Carter playing wing on Genos line at the end of a game. Seeing Rakell, Smith, Eller, Letting and Graves out there to protect a lead and get hammered in their own zone for 90 seconds. Seeing young guys getting benched when they played a really good game against one of the better teams in the league.

Sullivan is the only reason this team is as bad as it is. It´s not on the players or management, it´s one single person that is responsible for this shitshow! He gets the players he wants for his so called system, plays them in the way he thinks is the best way and these are the results?!

Sorry Coach Sullivan, you failed miserably!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This is from Taylor:

“The trend of late blown leads is nothing new. The Penguins have the fourth-worst points percentage in the league when leading after two periods at .741, having gone 20-5-2. The only teams worse at holding onto third-period leads are the Sharks, Blackhawks and Blue Jackets, who occupy three of the bottom four spots in the league's overall standings.”

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
FSG is such a bottom line ownership to the degree they just are not good at ownership. See Red Sox for example. Picked last in AL east. No way they fire sully with that egg on their face 16 million dollar deal. So he is back. Now Dubas knew he probably had to live with sully for 2 years and has to bring players into the system and don't give Sully the has been players he loves. But in the end if sully is fired, he will be the next Bylsma who is a hanger on. Dubas has to force the issue with new coaches who run the show. Dubas tells Sully adapt or trade him. I for one love to send him out in a trade.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
FSG is such a bottom line ownership to the degree they just are not good at ownership. See Red Sox for example. Picked last in AL east. No way they fire sully with that egg on their face 16 million dollar deal. So he is back. Now Dubas knew he probably had to live with sully for 2 years and has to bring players into the system and don't give Sully the has been players he loves. But in the end if sully is fired, he will be the next Bylsma who is a hanger on. Dubas has to force the issue with new coaches who run the show. Dubas tells Sully adapt or trade him. I for one love to send him out in a trade.
Let Sullivan and his agent talk to teams like Ottawa and NJ who have coach openings and if they can come to an agreement, call it a mutual parting of the ways lol…who cares, just get him out of here

Reactions: SEALBound

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Very much surprised there are four pages of pGDT for this team --- playing columbus no less.

I think the biggest winner on the penguins this year is Jake G and whomever else delta'd the heck out of pittsburgh. Get to enjoy his hockey and NC weather.

Still not watching until the disease that is HCMS remains integral.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I wonder if someone keeps track of how many goals a team allows within thirty second of scoring or allowing a goal. We gotta be right in the mix for the top spot in that category. The momentum changes and oops, another embarrassing loss. Deja vu doesn't even begin to describe it.

The team is so bad at every facet of the game that requires a systematic approach (i.e. actual coaching) except for PK that it's nigh on unwatchable. The number of basic mistakes and skating around without any clue what they are supposed to be doing would be insane for any pro team, let alone one from the top league in the world and full of veterans to boot.

And Sully's love affair with Carter is becoming increasingly bizarre. If one didn't know better, they would think Carter was a key cog in the Cup winning teams because only this could at least partially explain the weird emotional attachment the coach has to a player who can't cut it anymore. It's not the reason the team is in dire straits but it sure suggests that the man in charge has lost the plot a long time ago.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Yohe actually criticized Dubas recently, if indirectly, when he wrote about the situation with Guentzel. Sullivan, however is god's gift to hockey somehow.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Not that anyone cares, but this loss is probably going to cost me in fantasy hockey.

Now that Silovs is starting for Vancouver against Anaheim, my one win lead in wins is probably gone, and if we tie overall, he advances to the Finals.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This is from Taylor:

“The trend of late blown leads is nothing new. The Penguins have the fourth-worst points percentage in the league when leading after two periods at .741, having gone 20-5-2. The only teams worse at holding onto third-period leads are the Sharks, Blackhawks and Blue Jackets, who occupy three of the bottom four spots in the league's overall standings.”

Our coach does a great job though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad