Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Jackets: 4-3 win - Zucker says zuck it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Zucker-Malkin-Kapanen
McGinn-Carter-Heinen
ZAR-Blueger-Rodrigues/Simon

It's painfully obvious that they will be running with this if this team somehow manages to become fully healthy.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Ha... I don't know if I want to stick Crosby with that and TBH I don't know enough about Heinen but from what I've seen and what I already know about Simon... I mean... those ARE at least the types of players that seem to work with him. But clearly would never happen. We all know what the lines are going to be.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ha... I don't know if I want to stick Crosby with that and TBH I don't know enough about Heinen but from what I've seen and what I already know about Simon... I mean... those ARE at least the types of players that seem to work with him. But clearly would never happen. We all know what the lines are going to be.

I think you're right but I also love a duo of Carter-Heinen on paper, so I hope they end up going with that.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

If GCR comes out weak, Sully will experiment with it.

Jake is Sid's...Duo at the Dance. Not Rust. Last year's postseason is a serious rebuke of the effectiveness of GCR. We already know that Sid loves playing with Dominic Simon although I'm sure Sid wishes he could finish better.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Man that top line was so bad last year offensively at 5v5.

More important, it’s not even a good PO line….I can understand why they run it in the RS but I’d like Sullivan to try a couple other combos at times with Sid that might bring a little more jam on the walls…maybe try Zucker or McGinn up there…

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If GCR comes out weak, Sully will experiment with it.

Jake is Sid's...Duo at the Dance. Not Rust. Last year's postseason is a serious rebuke of the effectiveness of GCR. We already know that Sid loves playing with Dominic Simon although I'm sure Sid wishes he could finish better.

You really think so? I dunno. I mean... I HOPE you're right. I don't think Rust/Crosby are super great together. But this team is pretty committed to that line... sometimes calamitously so.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Heinen is a lot more slick than I gave him credit for TBH.

Yeah I've been ecstatic with him. I don't want to hype him up that much yet because I got way too hyped about Jankowski after a short time last year, but it's really encouraging so far.

He brings a lot of talent on the wings that this team just lacks. Same thing Simon brings too. They're not just straight line speedsters, they're cerebral playmaker. And in Simon's case, he's also a much better skater now.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Rust's frequently been good for 10-20 games missed a year.

Also every year the lines look obvious and every year things get messy; I also think that with everyone fit, for the first time in a long time Sully can experiment with three scoring lines again, which means moving guys out of the top six.

See how it goes really.

Also let's not forget Sid has got a decent amount of say about who's on his line, which might come into it.

Anyway. Yay we won. Time to go to sleep.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah I've been ecstatic with him. I don't want to hype him up that much yet because I got way too hyped about Jankowski after a short time last year, but it's really encouraging so far.

He brings a lot of talent on the wings that this team just lacks. Same thing Simon brings too.

I 100% give Simon maximum credit. I wasn't stoked about his return but frankly he's looked almost like a different player and has really taken every single opportunity to grab this chance by the balls.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Rust is good for 13 or so games of being hurt.

Yeah you're right and I imagine they'd just put Simon in his spot when Rust is hurt. Keep the rest of the lineup together and just let Simon slide into that top line role.

I just think it will probably only be 20 or so games, not like 50.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
You really think so? I dunno. I mean... I HOPE you're right. I don't think Rust/Crosby are super great together. But this team is pretty committed to that line... sometimes calamitously so.

I'm willing to see if Sid & Jake look improved this year with their traumatic injuries further in the rearview mirror.

Most of my dissatisfaction with GCR boils down to dissatisfaction with the offensive performances of Sid & Jake individually. I'm completely willing to give it another chance. I want line juggling back on the menu this year. Last year between GCR and BART becoming fixed constellations we didn't tinker enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad