Series Talk: Pens vs Habs Round 1 Best of Five - Episode 3: Déguédine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
I hope they televise the “preseason games” too...maybe they plan to since they made them all rivalries? I am not working and I’m bored! Although I’m a tad annoyed that I start working again on August 3 (it’ll interfere with watching games all day! Wish they would’ve started playing this month). :nopity:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Huh. Speaking of birthdays, anyone thinks the Pens deliberately drop a game so Sid can play on his birthday? :sarcasm:

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The benefit of being on the West Coast being, 8pm Est is 5pm for me.

tenor.gif

Which is just about the right time to be drunk for the GDT's and still fall asleep at the right time.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
8PM starts means 1st period at home over breakfast while indoctrinating the kids in the glory of the Pens, hurry to work, close the door to my office, get paid to watch.

It’s not bad, actually.

Certainly beats a 1pm EST start for you, yes? :razz:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
To think that JR only had to give up a failing prospect and a 6th round pick for his 2nd pairing. That's how you make it work in a cap world (even in spite of a few less than desirable contracts on the books).

I have this weird feeling Sprong is going to surface in Washington in a year or two.

He’s honestly a perfect fit for that group in terms of what they like in their offensive forwards.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They already have a guy who shoots and does nothing else... and he is the best ever at it.

I think Sprong's a logical guy to replace Kovalchuk if they don't re-sign Kovalchuk. Sprong certainly won't displace Ovechkin, but I could see him taking Kovalchuk's spot on the 3rd line (with Hagelin and Eller) and 2nd powerplay.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I think Sprong's a logical guy to replace Kovalchuk if they don't re-sign Kovalchuk. Sprong certainly won't displace Ovechkin, but I could see him taking Kovalchuk's spot on the 3rd line (with Hagelin and Eller) and 2nd powerplay.

I'm still not even sure why the Caps got Kovalchuk. Besides Carlson, their defense is very average at best. They really didn't need another forward.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
......and that's exactly what it's going to sound like when they score in a real game....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad