Series Talk: Pens vs Habs Round 1 Best of Five - Episode 3: Déguédine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
WHEN:

WHERE:

cat-watching-hockey-758x472.png

WHY:

This is for the playoffs...

220px-2020_Stanley_Cup_playoffs_logo.svg.png

... or the prayoffs

GettyImages-1187412726-1024x683.jpg

Pick First or Pick Thirty-First!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
To whomever chose the title: you are a genius.

Déguédine is SUCH a Québécois expression :laugh:

I'm glad you approve :D

I actually spent a good 10 minutes of so looking up Quebec French expressions to find a good one to carry the theme on and had a nervous moment where I thought "what if I pick one nobody actually uses and look like a tool" but then decided that would be appropriate anyway :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'm glad you approve :D

I actually spent a good 10 minutes of so looking up Quebec French expressions to find a good one to carry the theme on and had a nervous moment where I thought "what if I pick one nobody actually uses and look like a tool" but then decided that would be appropriate anyway :laugh:

Good job my friend, good job!

Déguédine meaning "hurry up" for those who don't know. Any Québécois would know what it means even though the younger generation does not use it as much.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Mark Madden trying to cause some drama already. Claiming he's heard from those attending camp that Murray is struggling. When The Trib followed up with their reporter, he said that's not what he's seeing at all.

Is Matt Murray struggling in net during Penguins training camp? | TribLIVE.com

Yohe's notes said that he thought Murray started a little cool and got sharper yesterday.

Off day today so I doubt we get anything interesting today.

Oh, this from Yohe might make people feel happier about Jake

"Guentzel has had a grin on his face pretty consistently during camp. Also, perhaps even more importantly, he looks excellent. Guentzel is shooting the puck with authority, which is always a concern following a shoulder injury. There appears to be zero concern with him, as he’s absorbing and dishing out contact while looking strong in doing so."

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Y’all are the real MVPs. I can’t imagine staying up and watch my team show no effort at 2:00 AM

I've developed a superstition that if the Pens are playing poorly and are down, if I go to sleep they'll comeback and I'll miss it and if I don't they won't. That's because that's how it goes down, but it may be a form of self-protection to make it easier for me to sleep at those times :laugh:

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Sideline

May 23, 2004
This 8pm start time is madness. I'm DVRing this and watching in the morning like an adult.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
irt tv: is the thinking that nbc is going to delve into the nbc sports gold for some of these games or do we think everything will be on non-pay nbc properties?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
irt tv: is the thinking that nbc is going to delve into the nbc sports gold for some of these games or do we think everything will be on non-pay nbc properties?

Well, I recall the nhl looking to cash in on the fact that nbc has two weeks of dead air in august due to the cancelled olympics.

So my guess is that most games will be available on broadcast. I mean.... at least SOME have to be... right? Considering NBC had 24/7 coverage planned for the olympics....

Personally, I already have my hockey monitor all set up and ready for deployment. It will be used for nothing but 12 straight hours of hockey per day for weeks.

I am so ready for this....

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad