Series Talk: Pens vs. Habs - Episode 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Remember when everyone thought 4 months off would give our best players a chance to heal and get healthy?

Ahh, self-delusion.

yeah, it’s the Pens...injuries are the sine qua non of their existence and everyone here should know that by now...lol...”100% healthy” just means that only 2-3 players are injured...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Remember when everyone thought 4 months off would give our best players a chance to heal and get healthy?

Ahh, self-delusion.
If he has a nagging issue then yes it could obviously be a problem. If they are being extra cautious because of Sid's prominence and the fact he's likely ready to go, then I'm not gonna be overly concerned. I'm more inclined to believe it's the latter. If it was a real problem I doubt the'd be on the ice at all.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If he has a nagging issue then yes it could obviously be a problem. If they are being extra cautious because of Sid's prominence and the fact he's likely ready to go, then I'm not gonna be overly concerned. I'm more inclined to believe it's the latter. If it was a real problem I doubt the'd be on the ice at all.

Sid was game ready day 1 of camp.

Even on top of the 4 months rest. Rest him up.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Empty stadiums are so strange it’s like watching sports during an apocalypse. I want to get excited for this but after watching those scrimmages it’s going to be really tough. The crowds feel is such a huge part of the presentation and atmosphere.

Finally, years of watching Steigerwald on mute and listening to music instead will pay off for me.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Empty stadiums are so strange it’s like watching sports during an apocalypse. I want to get excited for this but after watching those scrimmages it’s going to be really tough. The crowds feel is such a huge part of the presentation and atmosphere.
Won’t be much different than games at PPG noise-wise...that place is like a library.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Won’t be much different than games at PPG noise-wise...that place is like a library.
You're not kidding. I think this is yet another variable that won't hurt the team even a little bit. I'm not trying to be overly optimistic here, but with pretty much every scenario this format should help the Pens more than most. As long as there's no major injury to a star player or just God-awful goaltending this is a tailor made situation. Getting Jake back is huge. And our aging stars should be hitting their strides early and often. Fatigue should not be a huge issue here.

Reactions: EightyOne

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Scrimmage tomorrow? Evening? Wonder what, if anything, Sully changes up . . .

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
Scrimmage tomorrow? Evening? Wonder what, if anything, Sully changes up . . .
He smartens up and plays 2 potatoes of JJ and Schultz 10-11 min a night, and not behind Geno's line. Even better, he replaces JJ with Riikola, who is now with the team and has practiced with them for a bit. I will take Riikola with few practices over JJ any day of the week.

Oh and he keeps Marino on top PP unit instead of Letang or Schultz.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well, he's got all the extra players, so probably something...

I'd think that Horny is the only one who actually WILL play.

EDIT: Unless maybe they extend the bench a little for the last two on each side?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He smartens up and plays 2 potatoes of JJ and Schultz 10-11 min a night, and not behind Geno's line. Even better, he replaces JJ with Riikola, who is now with the team and has practiced with them for a bit. I will take Riikola with few practices over JJ any day of the week.

Oh and he keeps Marino on top PP unit instead of Letang or Schultz.

tenor.gif

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

EDIT: Unless maybe they extend the bench a little for the last two on each side?

I assume they extend the benches. With injuries and Covid, you’ve got to figure they’d want everyone available to get the chance to shake off some rust and try to get going.

Reactions: KIRK

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

I think they'll deffo extend the bench - I think the commentators were saying the plan had originally been for 3 lines, and the 45 second pauses were introduced because they couldn't have them.

Whether they'll use it as an excuse to change up teams I don't know.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad