Series Talk: Pens vs. Habs - Episode 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
TBH, Poulin kinda has to make the team next year.

He'd waste his time in the Q. He was near 2PPG this year. Playing in the WJC would be nice... but again, if he is doing well in the NHL, no way we would send him. And if he is struggling and you send him then send him down to Sherbrooke... he would waste his time.

Starting in the AHL and earning his way up would be the best scenario... but dumb ass rules prevent it.

I’m not going to say he has to but I do wonder if he’d just be spinning his wheels in another season in juniors. Maybe he doesn’t and it wouldn’t kill him if he did, but it would be annoying.

Screw those rules. They need to be able to make an exception for some players.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Varone has a ton of pro experience. I'd trust him way more than Poulin at the moment if we had injuries in the bottom 6.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Would be cool if they could offer an exception to this rule. Something like:

Only one prospect per NHL franchise per season can forgo their overage year in the CHL in order to play in the AHL.

Even a committee deciding or the team having to pay a fee. Personally, I’d start the ELC as soon as a CHL player goes into the AHL early, it would be a deterrent from abuse.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
f*** it. Just lose, this season has been ass anyways and we'll have chance to draft lafreniere to set up for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad