Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. Flyers - Saturday March 19, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Key is to limit the penalties, basically. Their PP always torches us. Don't even let it touch the ice. If it becomes a special teams battle we'll probably lose. If we keep it 5v5 we have a good chance.

I should sit this one out for health reasons because they are always infuriating games. Here is how I see this one going.

The Pens come out and dominate in shots and scoring chances for the first 10 minutes during which time they blow a few lay ups. After 10 minutes the refs find a reason to make a ticky tac call and the Flyers, who couldn't get a sniff at our net, score during the first minute of their power play. I wouldn't be surprised if they get another power play goal sometime later in the first half of the game and then the refs will put the whistle away and allow the Flyers to maul the Pens while allowing late hits and numerous hits to the head, all while I sit there losing my **it remembering how the Flyers got their first goal off a Penguin's hook to their hands... The frustration escalates until the referees start giving the Pens some power plays near the end of the game during the garbage minutes so that anyone looking at the stats will think it was an evenly called game.
Yeah, I know exactly how its going to go and the heartburn it will cause me and I'm going to watch anyway. Why do I do this to myself?:laugh:

Sorry I had to get that off my chest rather than trying to type all of this after the Flyers score that first power play goal off the ticky tack call.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Definitely an important one. Who would've thought it'd be important a few months ago? :laugh:

Honestly this season, I was just hoping for Ghost to make the team and have a solid rookie year (and boy has he exceeded anyone's expectations), Schenn and Couturier to continue to take steps forward in their development (both have had great years, despite the injury to Couts) and for them to be more fun to watch. Berube had them playing a very conservative boring style.

Can't really complain about this season even if they do fall short of making it in. It's a process, we know we have young top tier prospects on defense coming, but it's going to take time for everything to fall into place. In the meantime, Im just glad they're playing competitive hockey.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I just can't see the Pens winning today. Don't have the offensive depth to win....especially without Geno.

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home
I should sit this one out for health reasons because they are always infuriating games. Here is how I see this one going.

The Pens come out and dominate in shots and scoring chances for the first 10 minutes during which time they blow a few lay ups. After 10 minutes the refs find a reason to make a ticky tac call and the Flyers, who couldn't get a sniff at our net, score during the first minute of their power play. I wouldn't be surprised if they get another power play goal sometime later in the first half of the game and then the refs will put the whistle away and allow the Flyers to maul the Pens while allowing late hits and numerous hits to the head, all while I sit there losing my **it remembering how the Flyers got their first goal off a Penguin's hook to their hands... The frustration escalates until the referees start giving the Pens some power plays near the end of the game during the garbage minutes so that anyone looking at the stats will think it was an evenly called game.
Yeah, I know exactly how its going to go and the heartburn it will cause me and I'm going to watch anyway. Why do I do this to myself?:laugh:

Sorry I had to get that off my chest rather than trying to type all of this after the Flyers score that first power play goal off the ticky tack call.

Congratulations! Stephen King couldn't have written a more terrifyingly realistic scenario. Almost convinced me not to watch the game. Redrum :help:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Just go in Guns blazing.....

predator-minigun.gif

Greatest GIF Ever. ™

The pinnacle of Arnold's career.

"He didn't disappeah, he was skeened alive!"

"So you cooked a stoly and dropped ze seex of us in a meet grindah!"

And classic lines like that to ole painless and Jesse Ventura and you have a timeless classic for young and old.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Daaaaaaa PENS.

It's ON, beyatches. I choose to be excited about this one. Playoff time nears, Pens vs. Philth. I refuse to complain.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I'm curious (and OT): there used to be hundreds of comments prior to a game, particularly a big one, and also very busy GDTs. Are people becoming bored with the Pens, or bored with Pens page on HF boards?

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I dont have an answer for you but the sad thing is this is one of the busier ones. This season there have been times where the game was about to start and there was no thread.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Greatest GIF Ever. â„¢

The pinnacle of Arnold's career.

"He didn't disappeah, he was skeened alive!"

"So you cooked a stoly and dropped ze seex of us in a meet grindah!"

And classic lines like that to ole painless and Jesse Ventura and you have a timeless classic for young and old.

Predator is my favorite movie of all time, and I watch a *lot* of movies.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I dont have an answer for you but the sad thing is this is one of the busier ones. This season there have been times where the game was about to start and there was no thread.

Yeah. These threads used to get me through work. Now i just.... work instead :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad