IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Q: How does a Flyer win the cup?

A: He signs a new contract with a NTC a year ahead of free agency

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The group of players (who have won the Cup after being traded/signing from Philly) is astounding. Carter, Richards, Timonen, Gagne. Heck, even Williams was a Flyer before winning his first Cup with the Hurricanes.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is Sestito still up? I would dress him and Sundqvist in the flyers game, maybe sit Kuhnhackl (although he's unreal on the PK and shot-blocking).

This is probably the most important weekend series of the season, the biggest test for how "Playoff ready" this team really is. Even if Malkin won't be back until the 1st-2nd round or at all if things go as most people feel they would.

This is a back 2 back series where I hope the Penguins can show some resolve, discipline, and really do "play their game" the Sullivan way. Because if they play to their strength - Speed, they will draw penalties, get powerplay opportunities, also get under the skin of the team just by ignoring the after whistle activities. I would keep Sestito in the line-up just in case they try to goon it up by playing one of their many cheap-shot turds. I'm worried that moron Gudas might do something stupid, Sestito will keep him honest.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
PH and Kuhn might be our most important players if they can get in the goalies face and get the Flyers chasing. PH is really our best weapon in the psychological warfare game against metro teams and in 7 game series. He's starting to piss off Lundqvist bigtime. Let's see him start ticking off the Flyers.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
We are gonna lose this one. Flyers are too good now, not liking our chances here. Hopefully I´m wrong but I just don´t see it. Even though I think a lot about this Pittsburgh team.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just go in Guns blazing.....

predator-minigun.gif

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Just play the speed game. If they stay focused the flyers wont be able to catch us and their "touch" act will fart apart. Seems like under Sullivan the group has been very well composed.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
The group of players (who have won the Cup after being traded/signing from Philly) is astounding. Carter, Richards, Timonen, Gagne. Heck, even Williams was a Flyer before winning his first Cup with the Hurricanes.

Tocchet, kjell, and wreggett add a few more to the list

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Key is to limit the penalties, basically. Their PP always torches us. Don't even let it touch the ice. If it becomes a special teams battle we'll probably lose. If we keep it 5v5 we have a good chance.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
l. I would keep Sestito in the line-up just in case they try to goon it up by playing one of their many cheap-shot turds. I'm worried that moron Gudas might do something stupid, Sestito will keep him honest.

Gudas is a decently useful defenseman when he isn't totally reckless and brutal, and coincidentally he's been providing a little offense and the team has been better since he got away from taking a major every other game. Nothing's gonna keep him honest though, if he wants to get real caveman he'll just do it. He isn't afraid to take a 5 when his team is desperately protecting a lead late, he damn sure isn't scared to do it because some guy will try to fight him. Might even motivate the big twerp. Not much you can do with him but hope, as a Flyers fan, he doesn't try to hurt something and get 5 and a game, and as an opposing fan, that he doesn't try to hurt something, or maybe that he does and fails and gives your team a loooooong PP. Don't think there's much going on in his skull.

Other than him, interested to hear of the other "cheap-shot turds" in their organization. They pretty much don't exist anymore. The lineup is the lineup, and the Phantoms are an extremely undersized, soft AHL team. To the dismay of some, uh, more gingoistic Flyers fans, they've kinda gotten out of the thuggin' game, particularly now that Berube isn't coach and Holmgren isn't GM.

Last edited:

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Just one request: that the Pens comes to play from beginning to end. Might be difficult without Malkin as Flyers will likely put all attention to Crosby, but if the other lines & the defense men step up just like the last game vs Rangers (during which 2nd line hasn't gelled yet with Bonino as C), we should be able to upset the Flyers. Ofc the bigger their upset the better :laugh:
That's what I'm saying. We got to kill these moneygrabbers. We got to KILL EM

rookie skater

Jan 25, 2016
That's what I'm saying. We got to kill these moneygrabbers. We got to KILL EM

I think u're posting in the wrong fans' thread...I didn't say anything about killing anyone nor calling anyone as moneygrabbers :( i just want Penguins to play their best hockey against any opponents, today it just happened to be ur Flyers :laugh:

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I think u're posting in the wrong fans' thread...I didn't say anything about killing anyone nor calling anyone as moneygrabbers :( i just want Penguins to play their best hockey against any opponents, today it just happened to be ur Flyers :laugh:
Just wanted to drop a little censored-Trading-Places love on you all. You know why? Because it's almost still the day after st Paddys, and it's the greatest comedy of all time, and you guys are the greatest adversaries of all time.

Seriously much respect. and infinite hate

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
This is Kessel's time to shine. If he comes in and torches the Flyers again, I think we'll forgive him for his season-long struggles.

rookie skater

Jan 25, 2016
Just wanted to drop a little censored-Trading-Places love on you all. You know why? Because it's almost still the day after st Paddys, and it's the greatest comedy of all time, and you guys are the greatest adversaries of all time.

Seriously much respect. and infinite hate

Same here dude. Now let's get it on :cf:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Forecheck the crap out of the Flyers. Not sold on their D and ability to move the puck. Flyers zone entry is rarely set up by attacking D men so gap control and pressure with speed wins the game. Detroit turned the game around with an attacking fore check and almost won the game.

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
I'm feeling yellow. who's netting a goal today? I'm going to take on 3 flyers at a time. I only wish i could beat more than one team at once. Then, you'd experience the real "foot in the ass".

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
one thing i will say nice about the flyers is that there was no way i thought they'd be close to making the playoffs with how they were playing early in the season and with that Defense.

But still......**** THE FLYERS!!! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad