Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs Ducks: I'll believe it when I see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I wasn't planning on coming in here today but saw the alleged line changes and wanted to make one simple comment:

If Dupuis understands his role on that 2nd line is to be a puck hound and get it onto one of the other two guys' stick as quickly as possible, he'll do OK. If he tries to be creative and offensive like the last time, he's going to suck and will be back on Sid's line before the end of the night. Dupuis cannot hang with Malkin in any sense of the word, so he needs to just play a fast, simple-minded game and get the skill guys the puck as quickly and directly as possible. Maybe try to slap in a few trash goals off their rebounds.

Dupuis can afford to be offense-minded on Sid's line because Sid plays a different style of game, more suited to Dupuis' talents. He can't be that way with Malkin. But I do agree it's probably better than Juice being at 2LW, IF he plays his role correctly.

We'll see what we're all feeling like tomorrow morning. Either optimistic or used and abused.

Also I hope Bennett kicks ass.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Why not
Bennett - Crosby - Dupuis
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal I want this line back.. BADLY

OR

Bennet - Crosby - Kunitz/Jokinen
Jokinen/Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Gibbons - Sutter - Dupuis

???/?//?/D,g;dghojnl';k;****byslma

Malkin112*

Malkin has 5.7 shooting%, Dupuis 5.5, Neal 7.7. They are going to explode at some point

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Why not

OR

I know! why don't we put all the best wingers with Malkin and leave Crosby with people who can't finish. I don't know WHAT Bylsma is thinking. All we want to do is see Malkin smile again.

BRING THE SMILE BACK, DISCO, BRING IT BACK

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Why not

OR

It's a step in the right direction. Let's give it some time (hopefully DB does) to see if it will work.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I really wish Bylsma had the balls to do what was best for the team. Take Sid out back and shoot him. Then Malkin could play with every winger on the team at the same time. He could play every spot on the power play at the same time. He could move in with Mario. He'd never leave for Russia. He might sign an extension. He'd put up 5ppg. He'd smile. He'd give us a goofy quote that we'd fall in love with for the next decade. He'd be the perfect, lovable, exciting superstar we all want.

JUST GET CROSBY OUT OF THE WAY

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I really wish Bylsma had the balls to do what was best for the team. Take Sid out back and shoot him. Then Malkin could play with every winger on the team at the same time. He could play every spot on the power play at the same time. He could move in with Mario. He'd never leave for Russia. He might sign an extension. He'd put up 5ppg. He'd smile. He'd give us a goofy quote that we'd fall in love with for the next decade. He'd be the perfect, lovable, exciting superstar we all want.

JUST GET CROSBY OUT OF THE WAY

troll city

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
And I'm going to the game tonight. Its the first game I've been to in probably 2 years. Coincidence? I think not.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It is the best I can do with limited stat resources. It certainly shows the huge difference in Malkin, and that was my primary focus. It also shows that Crosby is slightly more consistent and not influenced by his linemates as much as Malkin may be.

It's also very common to discredit data when it doesn't agree with your own opinion. The only piece of data there that can be discredited is the 2012 Crosby piece and I noted it on first post. There is a legitimate argument over Malkin's good 2012 season and what caused it, though. Was it Kunitz, or Malkin's focus on training? Pen's are in trouble however, and I'm offering a solution. I don't know if it's perfect, but there is some indication and data showing that it could work.

The inverse is true when searching for data that supports your opinion. ;)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm going to remain positive. If this doesn't last, it's only because DMN is going to suck.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
comical in that they are actually changing the lines or

i don't see how that is anything less than the obvious move at this point

people want Kunitz with Malkin and Neal. They would prefer if Kunitz-Malkin-Neal actually played 60minutes. In the off-season they want Malkin to join Cirque du Soleil so that Malkin can do amazing tricks. Next year, their 3rd jerseys will be a Malkin on skates.

if I allowed outside influences to... influence... my thought process, I'd hate Malkin because of this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad