Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs Ducks: I'll believe it when I see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
#Penguins lines look like this: Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett Dupuis-Malkin-Neal Jokinen-Sutter-Gibbons Glass-Vitale-Adams (D'Agostini, Sill)
https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/402460960859750400

albundy_shock.gif

EDIT: Aaaand I screwed it. Can someone change this to pre-game talk? :D

EDIT: Ha, I can do that myself.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
finally changes the lines

puts Dupuis with Malkin

don't know whether to laugh or cry

you're so so close DB

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So close!
Damn.
LOL

I really really hope Bennett and Sid just have great games tonight, or i'll take Kunitz and Sid. Just produce boys. Please.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
at this rate, Bortuzzo may actually be playing

Lines for Wednesday's game:

Bortuzzo - Crosby - Niskanen
Glass - Malkin - Engelland
Adams - Vitale - Adams
Jokinen - Sill - Bennett

Orpik - Dupuis
Letang - Adams
Maatta - Adams

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm afraid, guys. Someone comfort me.

Wait, I can do that myself. Bylsma will either return to form for the game or it will only last a couple of shifts. The world is in fact not ending.

LOL at Dupuis with Malkin, though. God forbid the dominant top 6 winger that I lovingly call Passkill (Passkill Stonehandupuis) not be in the top 6, even when Disco gets it close this crops up. Come on KCB, it's all on you, be a revelation. Jokinen-Sutter would look sweet if it happened, then Dupuis would just need to make his way there and Megna get called up.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Please Beau. Please play well.

Now all we need is for Dupuis' utter lack of skill to show through playing with a center he's never meshed with. And with a trade, we'll have Dupes in his rightful spot next to Sutter.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/402460960859750400

albundy_shock.gif

EDIT: Aaaand I screwed it. Can someone change this to pre-game talk? :D

EDIT: Ha, I can do that myself.

WHY?

For the love of God, can I see Malkin, Kunitz, Neal on a line again? If you are going to split up Crosby's line, why not take the one that has actually had success with Malkin? (tons of success, BTW).

Crosby, BB, and someone can be our 2nd line. I don't know if that is Dupers, Gibbons, JJ, or Megna. I just wish that the Pens actually had more options with top 6 skill to try there.

All I know is that the Pens waived the wrong player over the weekend.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Bennett playing with Sid is a step in the right direction but we all know Bylsma has this ability to display the patience of Job when it comes to Dupuis with Crosby and when it comes to Bennett he'll be taken off Sid's line and probably even totally benched after one or two bad or mediocre shifts. :laugh:

I did get a kick out of Boudreau yesterday when they asked him about Crosby and Malkin slumping and he said "It scares the crap out of me... They're going to break out soon."

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
WHY?

For the love of God, can I see Malkin, Kunitz, Neal on a line again? If you are going to split up Crosby's line, why not take the one that has actually had success with Malkin? (tons of success, BTW).

Crosby, BB, and someone can be our 2nd line. I don't know if that is Dupers, Gibbons, JJ, or Megna. I just wish that the Pens actually had more options with top 6 skill to try there.

i love this post.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I like seeing that only because I actually think it's more important, right now, to get Crosby going rather than Malkin. But man oh man... Dupuis and Geno have always had less than zero chemistry. I don't even like him there in a puck retrieval role.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Btw now that the D has been surgically removed from KC's hip, will it die? Or can it survive autonomously?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
WHY?

For the love of God, can I see Malkin, Kunitz, Neal on a line again?
If you are going to split up Crosby's line, why not take the one that has actually had success with Malkin? (tons of success, BTW).

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal has had about as much regular season success as Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis. It has also had about as much playoff failure, yet one is considered the holy grail around here, and the other's toxic.

Dupuis hasn't looked good with Malkin to date, but he's also improved a lot since the last time it was tried. It's certainly a step in the right direction.

Who should the Pens have waived instead of Jeffrey?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
At least BB is where he should be and KCD is broken.

I´m surprised with Dupuis-Malkin combo, but it makes some sense. Malkin is -8, he wasn´t working well with Jokinen and Dupuis should provide some defensive responsibility and create some space, if nothing else. It´s definitely better now.

Jokinen-Sutter-Gibbons is unpredictable, but whatever.
Glass-Vitale-Adams had some decent games this year, it is what it is, but we probably don´t have a better option right now.

I like these lines much better now. We will see what Gibbons can do and what Dupuis can do with Geno. If those don´t work then swap Megna/Gibbons and run with Megna-Malkin-Neal & Jokinen-Sutter-Dupuis.

God, I hope that Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett gonna have a good game. If they don´t, then expect Bylsma to break it right away.

Smacker

#LetsGoPens
Aug 15, 2012
DB split up the KCD line, for real? Great!

Then i saw Dupuis on the 2nd line. Duper with Geno has never worked. Jussi deserves to play with Geno and Neal, so why Bylsma broke that line? Only because Duper needs to be in the top 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad