Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Ducks | 4-1 win | Geno rocks our socks |

The great socks with sandals debate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
The depth of this team is exciting.

Not that that is a new thing. The Pens are all about having the players in the minors play the same game and be able to step in if called upon.

But this year they are once more built the right way.

I made the joke about slow grit who will fight if Crosby is picked on. But it was not really a joke.

After the back2back cups this team lost its identity. It was like half the front office wanted speed and sill and the other half wanted grit and the problem was that the two halves worked against one another rather than together.

This team once more has an identity. Quick accurate passes to leave their zone. Tenacious forecheck. And shooting way more than in the past.

Rarely do we see the 45 seconds of passing and then turn it over.

And the perimeter game is in the past also. They are far more willing to fight for the front on the net. Shooting from the point is also a much bigger part of their game than in previous years.

Just a much more enjoyable team to watch.

The depth on this team is unreal.....and the next man up mentality really shows

Honestly I cant remember a team with more forward depth, great thing to have I suppose when your team has the most man games lost the last decade

Reactions: Jaded-Fan
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
So far he deadline need is a bottom pair dman and backup goalie. Not necessarily someone better than Ruh, but maybe another comparable or better option than him. kinda like Boucher or Sydor option.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think the key is to either build a third line around Zucker - Rodrigues - Heinen or build the 4th around McGinn - Blueger - Rodrigues

Who do you put with Geno long-term? And I ask that with fully acknowledging Sully's going to keep Jake/Sid/Rust together.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
The cap hit sure......but outside of that lets pump the breaks a little.

I like what Z is showing just as much as everyone else. Zucker percentage goes up anywhere close to normal and hes fine.

I just go back to last season where I said the same. I see the same player in Zohorna on the two occasions he has been up this year. It is a very limited sample size, but in 10 NHL games he has 5 points (2 goals) and is +6. Good things happen when he is on the ice, and the puck is usually in the opponents end.

And of course the cap-hit remains a big reason. 750k vs. 5.5 million is a big difference and does a lot for relative value.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Would anyone really be all that upset if the Pens did nothing at the deadline?

“a bowl is most useful when it's empty”

- Laozi

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I just go back to last season where I said the same. I see the same player in Zohorna on the two occasions he has been up this year. It is a very limited sample size, but in 10 NHL games he has 5 points (2 goals) and is +6. Good things happen when he is on the ice, and the puck is usually in the opponents end.

And of course the cap-hit remains a big reason. 750k vs. 5.5 million is a big difference and does a lot for relative value.

I hope the issue they have with him is he’s not using his size.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Agreed. Also for ZAR to get grounded. Look at how many looks Blueger had tonight with competent offensively skilled winger.

Tb and McGinn are terrific together. I think DOC would be the best LW options. Would be an awesome 4th line.

Jake - Sid - rust
Erod/carter - Geno - kap
Zucker - carter/erod - Henien
Doc - tb - McGinn

would be an awesome line up

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
On a semi-related Twitter note, it looks as though Madden and Kovacevic seem to be having a slapping match with each other.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Would anyone really be all that upset if the Pens did nothing at the deadline?

“a bowl is most useful when it's empty”

- Laozi

I have zero confidence in DeSmith if Jarry gets hurt or if he falters in the playoffs. Jarry has been great so far this season, but I want a plan B. Maybe an under the radar grab like Ville Husso. Binnington is their #1, and Hofer is a better prospect than Husso, but Husso's numbers are decent and he's UFA this summer. Only makes 750k

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I have zero confidence in DeSmith if Jarry gets hurt or if he falters in the playoffs. Jarry has been great so far this season, but I want a plan B. Maybe an under the radar grab like Ville Husso. Binnington is their #1, and Hofer is a better prospect than Husso, but Husso's numbers are decent and he's UFA this summer. Only makes 750k
Agreed a backup is a MUST even if that's all we do.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Carter - Malkin - Kapanen
ZAR - Blueger - McGinn
Zucker- E-Rod - Heinen

I'd personally swap out ZAR, but I'm trying to be realistic considering Sullivan loves ZAR and that line.

Yeah, that’s what I like. I kind of prefer us bringing in a player to push Rust with Carter and Malkin and Kapanen with Rodrigues and Zucker. That gives you some decent size on every line compared to what we are used to.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
haha 80% of the Coyotes roster is a free agent this summer wtf are they doing.

upload_2022-1-12_1-30-50.png

They have 7 players signed beyond this season, and one is on the trade block.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad