• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Lots of good stuff.
The obvious is obvious. Nice to have favorite player back.

But beyond that I really liked Zohorna getting 12 minutes and looking really good, absolutely dominating possession and playing the right way in all three zones. It would be really beneficial for us if he can be integrated. Would take him over Zucker any day, on any line - also because of the cap consequences of course, but his blend of size and ability makes us better just like it did last season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

pittsburgh-penguins-evgeni-malkin.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Lots of good stuff.

But beyond that I really liked Zohorna getting 12 minutes and looking really good, absolutely dominating possession and playing the right way in all three zones. It would be really beneficial for us if he can be integrated. Would take him over Zucker any day, on any line - also because of the cap consequences of course, but his blend of size and ability makes us better just like it did last season.

I prefer Zucker over Z or ZAR. He’s playing the game the right way and could easily heat up.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Lots of good stuff.

The cap hit sure......but outside of that lets pump the breaks a little.

I like what Z is showing just as much as everyone else. Zucker percentage goes up anywhere close to normal and hes fine.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
I think we are fine there, no one in NHL has perfect 6, ours is as good as anyone's , our worst pair tonight was Tanger Dumo...they would be way in the minus theritory if it wasn't for TJ...

Yeah, they did go legit bonkers on their body positions every few shifts.. Lots of chasing and not staying between their mark/Jarry.

Ruh was decent at 6 but man he played a few shift where he just forgot where to be.

We do have serious depth though.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The depth of this team is exciting.

Not that that is a new thing. The Pens are all about having the players in the minors play the same game and be able to step in if called upon.

But this year they are once more built the right way.

I made the joke about slow grit who will fight if Crosby is picked on. But it was not really a joke.

After the back2back cups this team lost its identity. It was like half the front office wanted speed and skill and the other half wanted grit and the problem was that the two halves worked against one another rather than together.

This team once more has an identity. Quick accurate passes to leave their zone. Tenacious forecheck. And shooting way more than in the past.

Rarely do we see the 45 seconds of passing and then turn it over.

And the perimeter game is in the past also. They are far more willing to fight for the front of the net. Either immediately in front of the goalie or a shot from about 15 feet out from the net.. Shooting from the point is also a much bigger part of their game than in previous years.

Just a much more enjoyable team to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad