Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. Devils - Wow... that happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
McDavid will also need someone to pass to when he gets there (if he gets there). Ditto Jack Eichel. Stewart might be amenable to sticking around there if they get a young superstar like that.

As for Brandon Sutter, I don't know how relevant talking about his linemates under Bylsma is. It's a new regime and we have a smart man behind the bench now. And he seems to have a clear plan for Sutter (and the rest of the team). Hopefully, it meshes with what JR is planning, as well.

Just because you end up in last place by 20 points over everyone else does not guarantee you McDavid. I hate the new NHL draft lottery as way overboard, but it is the system we have and Buffalo may, even likely will, get screwed after being a truly awful team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
McDavid will also need someone to pass to when he gets there (if he gets there). Ditto Jack Eichel. Stewart might be amenable to sticking around there if they get a young superstar like that.

As for Brandon Sutter, I don't know how relevant talking about his linemates under Bylsma is. It's a new regime and we have a smart man behind the bench now. And he seems to have a clear plan for Sutter (and the rest of the team). Hopefully, it meshes with what JR is planning, as well.

I think the rumor for Stewart to Boston was two decent prospects. I certainly wouldn't do that.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Just because you end up in last place by 20 points over everyone else does not guarantee you McDavid. I hate the new NHL draft lottery as way overboard, but it is the system we have and Buffalo may, even likely will, get screwed after being a truly awful team.

I mentioned Eichel, too. If Buffalo remains at the bottom of the league standings, they're guaranteed one of them.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
All the more reason to get him: will cost less to acquire, and could really turn his game around here. Worth the risk, IMO.

And that's fine. But even when we all really wanted him a couple years ago, it wasn't b/c he was some monster around the net or in the corners. It was b/c he had a big shot, speed to keep up with Sid and a willingness to throw down when necessary.

He's not turning his game around at this point. He'll just be in a better spot to better take advantage of what he can do well.

I'd rather target McGinn. We could use another guy who has size and uses it.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
It's unforunate a few years ago I really thought Chris stewart was going to be the best power foward in the league. I'm not sure what happened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad