Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. Devils - Wow... that happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hate to take the cheap way out but I only want to talk about one thing tonight:

+++++ Hunger/Passion: No, it's not because we were scoring goals. No, it's not because the Devils were playing piss poor hockey. It was something you could feel through the television. This team was HUNGRY when they went down 3-1. They never took their foot off the pedal. Good lord that feels good.

Lots of good stuff but the only thing I am extremely happy about is the hunger/passion that you could sense the Pens had in the 3rd period. They weren't done and it almost felt like they wanted to keep playing.

That was one giant foot forward. There is still a lot of bad habits to fix, but tonight the focus is on the hunger/focus of this team. Well done, Pittsburgh. Great game.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
tumblr_nb5jbj6Vsv1txyx4lo1_500.png

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Liking the handling of Despres. Not liking the unwillingness to juggle lines, no matter what is going on out there.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
-embarrassing how many "fans" leave a game like this early.

+evening else.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Meh. We played OK.

Despres was really great tonight. Martin and Ernhoff not so much.

Fleury still gave up 3...

PP was great but still too many passes.

Kobita

Feb 9, 2010
I have no statistics or...evidence of this but in the past whenever something like that disallowed goal happens, the Penguins always seemed to sort of just fade away. The opposite happened tonight.

Assuming I'm not mis-remembering and this isn't an anomaly, tonight was very encouraging that they turned that around.

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
Wow, the Pens scored 8 goals and Crosby & Malkin only had 3 points combined (albeit all goals)? :amazed:

Why are you surprised by Malkin's production?
It's too much even for himself to produce with the guys he's playing with.
Only way he can score is at PP.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Despres is my player of the game, followed by Letang

Didn't like flower's or Kunitz's play in the first, but everything else in this game was aces. Good PK great pp, little floating, boatloads of goals.

Great game.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Malkin looked absolutely pissed at something coming off the ice into the tunnel. Anyone else see that?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Ruutu played less than Sill. I just thought that was weird.

Adams had a good game. I'm mentioning it because nobody else will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad