Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Devils | loss | Special teams? I think you mean pathetic teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well that's just astronomically stupid.

The coach can't go out and make the plays. The players need to actually do what they're paid to do. Going 0-9 on the powerplay in a game is flat out unacceptable, there is no handwaving away that performance by the players.

The coaching staff's one area where they have influence in hockey is special teams.

Reactions: canadianguy77

metalan2

May 30, 2008
They lost this game because the big guns didn't show up, plain and simple. That sums up this entire game. Crosby, Guentzel, Malkin, Rust and Rakell were all awful.

I thought Smith looked pretty good, the only way I'd criticize him is that he seems a bit too trigger happy to shoot the puck when there isn't a good shot opportunity. A 50 foot wrist shot into the goalie isn't going to be doing much good overall. But overall, I was happy with what I saw.
It does better than everything else the Penguins did. Literally was the only time we had a chance to score.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol that fan yelling…I feel ya mate.

A lot of the problems are the coaching staff and yeah some players are not performing but a lot of them need to sit for others to inject some life into the team but when the coach decides to play them on the 4th line for barely 6 minutes in a game, even that as an option does not work.

It’s just mind boggling that a young player is called up, scores a goal and gets 5:11 of ice time. Meanwhile a player that has been largely useless for all but 3-4 games got 10+ in that game and is finally down to 5:24 in this one. Why even bother at that point?

This coach will rebound elsewhere, but he’s gotten so ignorant in his ways that he just can’t see the bigger picture with this team. He’s too busy catering to the core and his diehard loyalty to them and has lot the plot completely. They win on the backs of performances, not as a cohesive unit.

To actively ignore that from the ownership…what an absolute failure and joke of a knee jerk extension.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

The coach can't go out and make the plays. The players need to actually do what they're paid to do. Going 0-9 on the powerplay in a game is flat out unacceptable, there is no handwaving away that performance by the players.
coach is supposed to put best five out there and he does not, coach is supposed to coach what to do on the pp, and he does not, regardless you can't fire players, you need something

Reactions: canadianguy77

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

Especially when the players are losing simple puck battles.

The Penguins looked slow. It's a similar story against the younger, faster teams. They're losing simple races to the puck, which limits their forecheck (as it would any team) and is even hampering the power play.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Man, I'm not as hard on Sully as a lot of this board but I just can't believe anybody would think any right handed shooter on the team other than Rakell should be on pp1.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
I'm done blaming the players. This coaching staff is awful.

Every year this team sucks ass for huge stretches and looks great for huge stretches. There is only one reasonable answer for it.
I hate Sully and want him fired but he wasn't the problem tonight. 0-9 on the PP and gave a shorty for the GWO

that is 100% on the players.

because they are f***ing losers

Reactions: Angrrus

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

The Penguins looked slow. It's a similar story against the younger, faster teams. They're losing simple races to the puck, which limits their forecheck (as it would any team) and is even hampering the power play.

This is the biggest bullshit excuse fans are peddling in the world.

The coach can make adjustments. The Islanders and Bruins are somehow fine. Capitals are fine.

It's bullshit. Our coach sucks.

Rybo

Dec 27, 2022
New Jersey
They lost the game because nobody gives a shit and this coach f***ing sucks.

I'm so tired of the blaming the roster bullshit.

Our coach f***ing blows and I can not wait until he is fired. I'm so tired of watching his decision making.
A lot of teams would be rushing to sign him if hes let go

Hes a Cup winning coach

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
200w.gif

turd

Feb 1, 2013
They just aren’t what they used to be no matter how many times they try to convince themselves they are.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Man, I'm not as hard on Sully as a lot of this board but I just can't believe anybody would think any right handed shooter on the team other than Rakell should be on pp1.
The man calling the shots thinks otherwise. And he makes millions to do this so we all must be dumb.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Coach takes Rakell off the pp unit.

To you, that’s Rakell’s fault? Because that’s how you make it sound. This is all on the coach. He’s been doing this stupid usage bullshit for a long time and now it’s finally biting him in the ass hard and he can’t think his way out of it and it shows. He’s going back and forth between two options because he can’t see past those two options.

That.
Is.
A.
Problem.

And that’s all on the coach.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I forgot how stupid this website gets anytime this team faces any adversity. Not going to waste my time arguing with clearly irrational people.

The powerplay was working for the last month, and then laid an egg all of a sudden. Blame the players? No, it's obviously the coach's fault that the powerplay went 0-9 in a game!

Either Letang is godly important to the powerplay or the powerplay just laid an egg today.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
The best part is, as soon as an opponent goes up 1 goal it's basically over. They lock down neutral zone and play defense. Soon as NJ went up one it was over, no chance to tie. Penguins quit again after that. Hopefully they're are embarrassed, but Sully will just say we beat ourselves again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia