Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
In that case.

Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis
Morrow, Malkin, Neal
Bennett, Jokinen, Iginla
Cooke, Sutter, Kennedy

Just flip flop him from 1st to 3rd.
Its still Jerome Iginla. I think he has some problems in the Pens system but is a good F3. I'll go with...

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Vitale-Adams or TK

Sucks sitting Bennett but the team is deep rook.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
not thrilled with Bennett's position right now either, BUT:

It's the final home game of the year, and it could be the last home games ever for Tyler Kennedy and Craig Adams, so maybe Bennett sits for that.

Also, to be honest, getting the top-6 and Malkin right is more important, in my mind, than fighting for Bennett. Get the top-6 right and we'll worry about the rest later.

Agreed

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
That is virtually one of the worst lineups you can have with this group of players. I struggle to make a worse one.

Crosby thrives with a right handed shot.

Wait...huh????
Crosby thrived with Kunitz and Dupuis all year long.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
I honestly believe the Penguins would be a better-constructed team (if the lines are what we believe they will be) if the Penguins hadn't acquired Iginla.

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Morrow/Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Bennett/Morrow
Glass - Jokinen - Adams

all work better than the current 2nd and 3rd lines, in my mind

And I was an idiot for saying such
;)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
And I was an idiot for saying such
;)

Not sure I get this. Do you not understand what I'm saying? Iginla is an insanely talented and useful player and is a major boon to the Penguins lineup, if utilized correctly. So are you saying that you agree, they aren't and weren't going to use him correctly? Or are you saying something else?

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Not sure I get this. Do you not understand what I'm saying? Iginla is an insanely talented and useful player and is a major boon to the Penguins lineup, if utilized correctly. So are you saying that you agree, they aren't and weren't going to use him correctly? Or are you saying something else?

If you recall, I was concerned about 2 things. The first was giving up the major assets for a piece we really didn't need. I wasn't opposed to getting him, I was opposed to giving up a Maata or DP plus first plus roster player.
That fear was alleviated and I was cool with what we gave up.

The second comes with the whole first issue of where exactly is he going to play? I didn't, and still don't think it is wise to break up line one as it was clicking at the time at an unbelievable rate.

I agree that he could be a boon to any roster. But on this roster, where do you put him? I am of the mindset that you keep lines one and two as before. You then put Iggy with Jussi as his center and Morrow as his LW.
Other line being Cooke, BS and Adams.
This gives you four STRONG lines which we could roll all game. Three of which have the ability to create offense and are a threat every time they jump over the boards. It also removes TK and Glass from the lineup, so we know it won't happen.

For the record, I am happy with the Iggy deal considering what we gave up for him. But the second concern I had is still TBD.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
No reason for Glass to play in the playoffs.... NONE. Im just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

BTW I will admit to everyone that the Morrow I watched in Dallas is NOT the same as the Morrow that has played for the pens.

I can and will admit that I was totally wrong and that I eat crow on that point.

Shero does know:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad