Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. CBJ: Muz deserved better, but still a couple positives to take away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I think number one out second and third lines were kind of an island. Simon - Bjugstad - Hornqvist showed flashes.

I also don’t think McCann - Crosby - Jake was as solid as some say. They capitalized quickly in Montreal, but had some difficulties (McCann especially) doing anything in the o-zone.

This is just people hating Simon on the 1st. Which given the injury to Rust and Sid’s reluctance to play with Hornqvist is basically guaranteed.

I mean, Hornqvist should be there.

Yah i thought McCann wasn't really a fit aside from his D play. Rust like tunnel vision but not as severe.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Honestly I am not going to ***** too much. I hate the usage of Simon/Trotman. That's my main complaint. But I saw a lot of positive hockey out there and it makes me very encouraged. I still see a lot of great defensive support. Gudbranson/JJ both played very well. I thought the team played a solid hockey game up against a desperate team. I want to focus on the encouraging things. I saw a lot of good.

We have to give a huge special shoutout to Murray. He deserves much better. He played his ass off tonight. They knew CBJ was going to give it their all as their season was on the line. Oh well. Didn't go our way. Happens. Major shout to Murray.

My only complaints/gripes are changeable. Sully needs to stop being an idiot. Trotman/Simon were not right for the role you want them. Use Riikola. He's 100x better.

It isn’t just that it “didn’t go our way”. Once again we have seen a Penguins team that is unable to give it all and work hard for 60 minutes when it’s needed the most. They were lazy and not ready to compete when the stakes are high. Crosby was invisible. Kessel was terrible and singlehandedly created the backbreaking second goal, commuting two blatant turnovers within 10 seconds. Malkin with only 1 assist didn’t do enough either.

They weren’t outplayed by Jackets’ stars. They were outworked by their grinders and depth players. This loss is totally on their lack of commitment and dedication.

Such a gigantic performance by Murray totally wasted. What a shame. We don’t get many of those these days. This is maddening and disgusting.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
It isn’t just that it “didn’t go our way”. Once again we have seen a Penguins team that is unable to give it all and work hard for 60 minutes when it’s needed the most. They were lazy and not ready to compete when the stakes are high. Crosby was invisible. Kessel was terrible and singlehandedly created the backbreaking second goal, commuting two blatant turnovers within 10 seconds. Malkin with only 1 assist didn’t do enough either.

They weren’t outplayed by Jackets’ stars. They were outworked by their grinders and depth players. This loss is totally on their lack of commitment and dedication.

Such a gigantic performance by Murray totally wasted. What a shame. We don’t get many of those these days. This is maddening and disgusting.
Disgusting? Sounds a bit over the top to me. Yeah, the Pens had some unfortunate gaffes, but it was an interesting game to watch. CeeBJs played like a desperate team, and they have a pretty good squad, at least on paper.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Also, if you’re freaking out about this game you’re a joke.

Columbus needed to win that game. They barely did and had to capitalize on two players losing edges.

Murray is looking great. We likely get back Letang Tuesday. The lines are about as good as they can be with Rust out.

Saying “Columbus needed to win this game” as an explanation why Pens lost sounds equal to “Pens didn’t need to win this game”.

You’re wrong. They desperately needed to win it too, but didn’t care to show up, except Murray.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

I mean, they've dominated the Jackets for 19 years. I'm not going to put much stock into one game.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Disgusting? Sounds a bit over the top to me. Yeah, the Pens had some unfortunate gaffes, but it was an interesting game to watch. CeeBJs played like a desperate team, and they have a pretty good squad, at least on paper.

They played like jelly in the first period, and even when they cranked their level of effort a bit in the 2nd and 3rd, they still couldn’t muster up any consistent offensive pressure.

And they should have played like a desperate team too. They didn’t need this win less.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Are you aware of Pens situation in the standings, and their upcoming schedule?
You are referring to the fact that the Pens are in the playoffs and Jackets are out if the season ended today? And you are aware we have an outstanding winning record versus the teams on our remaining schedule this year? We suck against bad teams, remember? And yeah, I admit, we usually do poorly against BOS and CHI no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad