Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. CBJ: Muz deserved better, but still a couple positives to take away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Honestly I am not going to bitch too much. I hate the usage of Simon/Trotman. That's my main complaint. But I saw a lot of positive hockey out there and it makes me very encouraged. I still see a lot of great defensive support. Gudbranson/JJ both played very well. I thought the team played a solid hockey game up against a desperate team. I want to focus on the encouraging things. I saw a lot of good.

We have to give a huge special shoutout to Murray. He deserves much better. He played his ass off tonight. They knew CBJ was going to give it their all as their season was on the line. Oh well. Didn't go our way. Happens. Major shout to Murray.

My only complaints/gripes are changeable. Sully needs to stop being an idiot. Trotman/Simon were not right for the role you want them. Use Riikola. He's 100x better.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
giphy.gif

Also. Great job on the shorthanded goals this year.

f***ing ***holes.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
giphy.gif

Great game by Murray. To bad the offense was absolute garbage.

Kessel, please to shoot yourself in the foot. You’re less than absolutely useless out there.

Reactions: Angrrus

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
Fluke turnover and bob finally showed up against us. Great game Murray, and not a bad game for everyone else.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
It's insane that a powerplay with as much skill as this one actively hurts the team.
Pretty much. Just f*** around and posses the puck for 2 minutes but for f*** sakes, don’t give up these f***ing shorties that kill you.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
+ Murray

- The loss

Jackets needed that game infinitely more than us. That said, even though it was a loss, it was still a great game to watch.

Jackets loaded the f*** up at the TDL and we can still easily roll with them.

Thought everyone had a decent game. Not a tragic loss.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Getting Rust back would be nice

Why?

Rust goes to L1.

L2 stays a mess.

Honestly, the issue right now is Sully. There may be limited bench options, but he's screwing the pooch big time.

Thing is, most people only seem to notice on a night like tonight. I wonder why . . .

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
This game is a perfect example why you can't just use save percentage to determine how a goalie played.

Murray had a 906 save percentage tonight and played one of his best games of the year.

I'm happy with the split against CBJ.

Pens have played unbelievable without Letang, but that's not gonna last forever, the wheels are gonna start to fall off if Letang doesn't get back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->