GDT: | Pens vs Caps | March 25th 2000hrs | Sid vs Ovy Version XXXVIIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Caps like to get up for the Pens games and they just got Carlson back so I think it'll definitely be more of a battle than we'd like. Also Wilson is back for this one. He wasn't in the previous games.

Pens lost to the Caps in the previous meeting in a shootout and the Caps roster was laughably bad (no Carlson, Wilson). I mean...mental Mike makes basic shit a struggle so I don't expect anything but disappointed with this team, sadly they deliver consistently in that regard.

Pretty f***ing frustrating to see the dipshit swap of Rust and Rakell by dipshit Mike. Then Heinen above O'Connor is peak stupidity.
He’s done this before. He’s basically tying Drew O’Connors’s successes or failures to Jeff Carter. He’ll never split them up, which is totally unfair to DOC, but this idiot coach doesn’t care. It’s all about protecting Carter’s reputation.

I’m happy a lot of our young players that Sullivan gave up on are doing so well when they get away from him, but it sucks to watch him do everything in his power to limit our young players’ success in real time. These past few years have been painful.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Time for line 2 to win a game for us. No 5 on 5 goals for #71 in 13 games. Instead we use a Ppg as a barometer for good play.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Time for line 2 to win a game for us. No 5 on 5 goals for #71 in 13 games. Instead we use a Ppg as a barometer for good play.
It won't much matter we're not making the playoffs so...

Mike Sullivan is the kinda guy who scratches his ass, smells his finger, and then paws through all the chips in the bowl.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Florida 2 Rag boys 2
Go Panthers

Must win game
Not if you want to get a higher draft pick.

Uh ohhhh.
Consecutive weekends with national audience abc broadcast.
Penguins at home... hmmm...
Unsure of this one.
Having Steve Mears not call the game is a win for me. I'm sure the vast majority of you feel the same way, the guy is just so bland, so vanilla, and he has beady eyes, which I've never liked whatsoever. He has a very pointed nose, actually resembles a great white shark if you think about it.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't think Mears sucks everyone in the organization's cocks because he actually believes what he's saying. I think it's a thing he decided to do to increase his odds of keeping his job after taking over from Steigy. He knows he's not a particularly good play by play, so he needs every edge.
It's a sweet gig, so I can't blame him.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't think Mears sucks everyone in the organization's cocks because he actually believes what he's saying. I think it's a thing he decided to do to increase his odds of keeping his job after taking over from Steigy. He knows he's not a particularly good play by play, so he needs every edge.
I think he'd have a future in golf broadcasting.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think he'd have a future in golf broadcasting.
Not ASMR enough.

1679785634267.png

Long way to go but nice comeback

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't even notice Mears, tbh. Unless the person calling the game is egregiously bad like Steigy was or Jack Edwards still is, they're just background static imo. :laugh:

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Huge game for the Pens. Lose in regulation Caps are just below us, Panthers winning also puts them ahead of us in the WC.

Watch us lose in regulation now just to make everything more difficult.

Reactions: Andy99

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
For those who still have hope, remember that its a nature law that the Caps finish in front of the Pens in regular season standings, that will show tonight, mark my words!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad