GDT: | Pens vs Caps | March 25th 2000hrs | Sid vs Ovy Version XXXVIIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Uh ohhhh.
Consecutive weekends with national audience abc broadcast.
Penguins at home... hmmm...
Unsure of this one.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The most the Caps can finish with now is 94, and their RW count is as bad as ours.
So I would say us beating them today in regulation could be the dagger, for all intents and purposes. The playoff bar is looking like 92-93 right now.
Even if it's not then they'll have to go perfect in their remaining 8 games.

Considering how I hate the Capitals, I am glad it's us holding the 🔪 tonight. Although we're wounded so it's gonna be tough.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sprong just sniped another one from the hard work of someone, Donato I think, going to net…but our coach doesn’t believe in having really good shooters with not much else to them on the roster…so we’ll just keep shooting from long range and keep our finishing near dead last in the league…I mean if we keep working on it and learning, it’ll end up in our net one of these days, right? Lol

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
just some guys we might be able to get back in a trade or two.
Sprong ...... 18 G & 20 A.
McCann ..... 34 G. & 22 A.
kappy ......... 11 G. & 15 A. (note he hasn't been away very long)

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
To hell with all the naysayers! We’re winning this one!

That Penguins roster is hurting.

@Andy99
Reply to your last message about injury for stretch run.
I'm surprised Malkin decided to join the penguins this year for the final stretch.
So used to him being injured this time of year.
We still have 10 games left :/.

Liking Steve Mears is like liking Ron Hextall.
I didn’t mind Mears/Errey. They seem to be trying to sell hard to a fickle audience. I’m sure they are being told to call it like that.

Reactions: LOGiK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I will expect nothing and will still be disappointed. I've bought booze to help me stomach this one.

just some guys we might be able to get back in a trade or two.
Sprong ...... 18 G & 20 A.
McCann ..... 34 G. & 22 A.
kappy ......... 11 G. & 15 A. (note he hasn't been away very long)
Why? So Sullivan can misuse them again like the epic muppet that he is?

That's like going back to the emotionally abusive ex that cheated on you and hoping it will be different the second time.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Can’t believe Hextall lost Kasperi Kapanen! God dammit! Imagine having him at 3.25 mil x 2!

- Pens Twitter next Spring.
Good god, I can’t imagine even a team currently run as poorly as the Pens would consider to bring back Hextall.

Last edited:

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
This is the exact game they will win when they shouldn't lol

Meh, Caps are a pretty bad team and Pens should beat them. Of course could go either way since Pens are the typical bubble team, so they'll win some and lose some of games they should always win. That's how you end up being a bubble team.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Caps are better than the Pens and have better goaltending…neither team can score a lot

Reactions: vodeni

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Can’t believe Hextall lost Kasperi Kapanen! God dammit! Imagine having him at 3.25 mil x 2!

"Oh you have hopes in a young skilled player?...."

t6a7CPD.png

"Bitch, you wish..."

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Meh, Caps are a pretty bad team and Pens should beat them. Of course could go either way since Pens are the typical bubble team, so they'll win some and lose some of games they should always win. That's how you end up being a bubble team.
Caps like to get up for the Pens games and they just got Carlson back so I think it'll definitely be more of a battle than we'd like. Also Wilson is back for this one. He wasn't in the previous games.

Pens lost to the Caps in the previous meeting in a shootout and the Caps roster was laughably bad (no Carlson, Wilson). I mean...mental Mike makes basic shit a struggle so I don't expect anything but disappointed with this team, sadly they deliver consistently in that regard.

Pretty f***ing frustrating to see the dipshit swap of Rust and Rakell by dipshit Mike. Then Heinen above O'Connor is peak stupidity.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
To hell with all the naysayers! We’re winning this one!

We still have 10 games left :/.

I didn’t mind Mears/Errey. They seem to be trying to sell hard to a fickle audience. I’m sure they are being told to call it like that.
If you're on tv/radio whatever and doing a show... you have a producer.
Otherwise from that, rule number one... you don't dump on who pays you to the public...
:wg:

Maybe we can get him back for a first.
:facepalm:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Just checked the penguins are on national broadcast for the next saturday against boston at 3 and the following saturday against detroit at 1.

Eww...

Even if we lose we still are only 1 point behind. Bigger stretch will be the Bruins Devils and Wild in 3 of 4.
Sure is. That's a tough one.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Florida def has the easier schedule... Not to mention end with Toronto and Carolina, who most likely won't be in a do or die situation come the final two games and most likely won't be giving it their all like Florida will be doing....

Penguins _NEED_ to win tonight...

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad