Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Bruins | 4-2 win | Malkin who? Doesn’t matter we have Heinen

Vegan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe he gets a lot of DZ starts because he’s got the best face off winning percentage on the team, and the gap is even greater with TB out.

i think that’s the reason but it’s not a very good one given his ES play…move him to ERod’s wing or put him at 4C when Geno returns…

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Burkie had to be fuming when he saw how we did nothing to the rat for that cheap shot. Hopefully, he can pick the lock on Sleepy’s office door to talk to him today about getting someone with sandpaper for the playoffs.

Reactions: Mrs Crosby's Dryer

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
As bad as Boyle was last night he won that big faceoff against Bergeron on that icing and long shift.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I think the team should have went after Marchand. Score and situation. Just my thoughts but I remember and liked the 80s.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'm sure some people would be, but those people would be different than the people who are correctly saying that it was a good thing to let the refs (and League) handle Marchand.
That’s BS. If someone went after the rat, we’d all be praising them in this thread.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

I didn't even catch the stuff with giving a puck away.

That incident right there should have been unsportsmanlike conduct- the ref saw it. This is the bullshit that's allowed to transpire with this effed up league.

If Matt Cooke did this in Pittsburgh to Raask, I'd call Cooke a dickhead just as much.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
That’s BS. If someone went after the rat, we’d all be praising them in this thread.

As I stated earlier- there's a time and place.

I loved the 2016 and 2017 Pens. Sid gets punched in the face by Thornton and doesn't blink. They took it and punished the other teams on the PP/scoreboard.

End of a regular season game where your goalie gets brained, yup send in the goon squad.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
So coincidence that Jarry gets a slight breather with the All star break and he looks fantastic against the bruins? I think not.

We've had 47 games so far this season. Jarry has played 38 of them! Last season the most games played by a goalie for the season was 45 games. We have to get a competent backup in place if Jarry is fresh going into the playoffs and on a roll we have a punchers chance to win against anyone. If he's gassed and we don't have a competent backup option we're out in the first round (again).

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Good win. We struggle in Boston and pulled out 2 points. Complain about the process all you want but that’s better than dominating them and losing.

I get wanting to replace Simon but I’d rather have Puus or Nylander in WBS than playing 6:30 on the 4th line. That ain’t the play. Bring up Bjork or Angello or something else if you really want.
Even if they get low minutes, they need to start building their resume here so that they're used more later. Zohorna went through it and played on L3 yesterday.

There needs to be a point of reference for Sullivan to know he can rely on them.

With the standings the way they are and with so many games left, now is the perfect time for new guys to get experience. It's not like the team is playing particularly well anyway.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Even if they get low minutes, they need to start building their resume here so that they're used more later. Zohorna went through it and played on L3 yesterday.

There needs to be a point of reference for Sullivan to know he can rely on them.

With the standings the way they are and with so many games left, now is the perfect time for new guys to get experience. It's not like the team is playing particularly well anyway.

I don’t see any reason to add Puusy to the line up if he’s just going to play 5-7 minutes on L4.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
So coincidence that Jarry gets a slight breather with the All star break and he looks fantastic against the bruins? I think not.

We've had 47 games so far this season. Jarry has played 38 of them! Last season the most games played by a goalie for the season was 45 games. We have to get a competent backup in place if Jarry is fresh going into the playoffs and on a roll we have a punchers chance to win against anyone. If he's gassed and we don't have a competent backup option we're out in the first round (again).

He made the saves but I thought he was really overplaying his angles.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Thanks for confirming what my eyes are seeing: Jeff Carter is a bad hockey player right now. He's awful at the moment/ the past month

I'm glad everyone is sucking each other off, but this team is fundamentally flawed the way it is playing lately. F's blowing the zone and poaching, easy clears gone awry, etc.

Not going to bash Sully because I recognize his roster is limited with injuries. But something has to change here.

Please commence the flaming based on having a losing streak snapped. But this is a house of cards being propped up by Jarry. This can't (and won't continue).

YAHTZEE........ this guy gets it

It's not going to change. The GM and the newly soff Burke are all in on SULLY hockey.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Don’t really think what Marchand did was worth more than 5 games at all but I’m not going to complain if it is.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
YAHTZEE........ this guy gets it

It's not going to change. The GM and the newly soff Burke are all in on SULLY hockey.

Hopefully they are. Sully hockey got us back to back Cups. Things went sideways when Tom Wilson got in JR's head and he decided we needed slow "tough" players.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Hopefully they are. Sully hockey got us back to back Cups. Things went sideways when Tom Wilson got in JR's head and he decided we needed slow "tough" players.

Your opinion and many others.......... more recent history side with me.

How did our star studded 1st line perform against the Isles last year when they decided to target Jake nearly every shift?

I guess the 2 time repeating Cup champion hasn't yet caught on to Sully hockey.....the fools.

Lightning's 2021 Draft class prioritizes size and strength

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Your opinion and many others.......... more recent history side with me.

How did our star studded 1st line perform against the Isles last year when they decided to target Jake nearly every shift?

I guess the 2 time repeating Cup champion hasn't yet caught on to Sully hockey.....the fools.

Lightning's 2021 Draft class prioritizes size and strength

We did that in 2019. “The Penguins followed a similar theme for their first three picks in this year’s draft: big-bodied wingers.”

https://thehockeywriters.com/pittsburgh-penguins-2019-nhl-draft-recap/

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Lightning won because of two players under 6 feet going on Lemieux type runs in the playoffs.

The center of their lauded “grit” line was 5’7.

Having one of the best goalies in the world doesn't exactly hurt either.

It is amusing to me how upset people get that the Penguins do not win every single game and Stanley Cup. Do they have the same expectations for everything in life?

Reactions: rick6668

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Lightning won because of two players under 6 feet going on Lemieux type runs in the playoffs.

The center of their lauded “grit” line was 5’7.

Are you seriously going to argue with me that they did not make a conscious effort to get more physical after 18?

Tampa Bay Lightning Manhandle Islanders in Physical Battle, Win 4-1 - ESPN 98.1 FM - 850 AM WRUF

Tell me the last time the Pens were capable of that kind of headline??

The Pens can only play one style, I see this as a major flaw. You may disagree, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad