Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Avs | win | Carter: The hero we needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
He has not been good on the PK since coming back.
His 5v5 defense has gotten worse, and he's scoring worse than ever.

His "element" means little to me when he's not bringing these things.
Ok then play Heinen and complain about how soft the team is. IDC

You were strong on the Let's put Heinen on L2 train at the beginning of there year so I know your thoughts on him.

If you want to complain about one of the only players on the team that's willing to body someone go for it.

And yes positionally he has been solid on the PK. Goals with be scored on many PKs its absolutely not all on him.

No need to discuss Archibald anymore, nothing else I can say.

Good win

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Ok then play Heinen and complain about how soft the team is. IDC

You were strong on the Let's put Heinen on L2 train at the beginning of there year so I know your thoughts on him.

If you want to complain about one of the only players on the team that's willing to body someone go for it.

And yes positionally he has been solid on the PK. Goals with be scored on many PKs its absolutely not all on him.

No need to discuss Archibald anymore, nothing else I can say.

Good win
I'm flexible to changing my opinions from October. Players' levels rise and fall, and so I have to adapt with it. I don't just choose players I like and dislike and stick to saying the same things about them all year come hell or high water, like many do here. That's lame.
Heinen's level has fallen since last year. He doesn't deserve L2, nor is there a good reason to believe he will do well there right now. So that's why I'm not saying it anymore.
He's still a serviceable player though when given the minutes. 5 shots vs Ottawa. Looked dangerous.

I do think he could be used on the PK to increase his value to the team, and I'm confused why he never gets tried there unless they're short of personnel. His defensive game is pretty underrated.

I don't feel we win and lose based on being soft or stiff. For me it usually just comes down to capitalizing on chances and not giving away freebies the other way.
They did that better tonight, so they won. The Forwards supported the hurt blue line well. Plus Jarry was good, which is the most important thing.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Why Rust keeps being put out there for EN situations is baffling.
Better get VERY used to it now that Sully is vindicated with his boy getting the EN goal

Screenshot_20230323_002450_Chrome.jpg

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Yep, hockey makes no sense. :laugh:
Even a savant couldn't predict results with any kind of regularity.

Just saw the highlights. Jarry with big stops, Carter from Dumo, Sid with a vintage move... What happened :laugh:
Commitment from the Forwards defensively was a big change. Think we had over 20 shot blocks.
I guess it takes a severely wounded blue line to make them do it.

Reactions: Andy99 and Smasher

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Yep, hockey makes no sense. :laugh:
Hockey actually makes perfect sense.

These guys are finally finished when they are finally finished. We've been blessed with generational talent, and our stupid asses can't predict anything with reliability. I've told my family at least 4 times in the past four years that the Penguins are done. They'll let us know when they're done.

Will this core win another cup? Unlikely. But I said exactly that with confidence after 2012. I had no idea. So, I'll hang on for the ride, and try to be more grateful in the process, and maybe enjoy it a bit more. Imagine being a Blue Jackets fan. Or even Rangers. Islanders. Flyers. Leafs. It's been great, and I think it is a safe bet that these guys have more pride about their performance than we fans do. Even STHs.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Hockey actually makes perfect sense.

These guys are finally finished when they are finally finished. We've been blessed with generational talent, and our stupid asses can't predict anything with reliability. I've told my family at least 4 times in the past four years that the Penguins are done. They'll let us know when they're done.

Will this core win another cup? Unlikely. But I said exactly that with confidence after 2012. I had no idea. So, I'll hang on for the ride, and try to be more grateful in the process, and maybe enjoy it a bit more. Imagine being a Blue Jackets fan. Or even Rangers. Islanders. Flyers. Leafs. It's been great, and I think it is a safe bet that these guys have more pride about their performance than we fans do. Even STHs.
It's not that deep or sentimental. :laugh: I meant a struggling team with some of the worst players in the league cruising to a win over a team that was like 12-3 over their last 15, due in part to those aforementioned players. :laugh:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Sid absolutely burned Girard, that was beautiful
For me that's right up there with the best backhand goals of his career. The move, the range, the placement, the power. Checks all the boxes.

It's not that deep or sentimental. :laugh: I meant a struggling team with some of the worst players in the league cruising to a win over a team that was like 12-3 over their last 15, due in part to those aforementioned players. :laugh:
6 straight too. We are legendary streak breakers.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
It is all about sentimental, brother. That's the whole f***ing point. Wasn't attacking your post, just sharing some deep, personal hockey feelings. ;-) Why TF would we waste such time in here if this was a purely analytical exercise? This defies logic by its very existence.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Sid is on pace for 97 points. Hoping for some big games from him in the final stretch so he can hit 100. He needs 16 points in 11 games.
It’s a shame Hextall botched this team so badly considering how great of season Sid has had.

Last edited:

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
10 games left for NYI:
CBJ, BUF, NJD, WAS, TBL, CAR, TBL, PHI, WAS, MTL

11 games left for FLA:
TOR, NYR, OTT, TOR, MTL, CBJ, BUF, OTT, WAS, TOR, CAR

11 games for the Pens:
DAL, WAS, DET, NAS, BOS, PHI, NJD, MIN, DET, CHI, CBJ
Not an easy schedule by any means from here on out. Detroit hasn't laid down and I am sure would love to play spoiler but winnable series.

If they play like they played tonight I like their chances though. Hopefully Petry back tonight as he traveled with the team. Someone has to take some of those 29 mins away from Letang.

Dallas looking strong and some good play from their "old guys". What a job they have done drafting as well.

Reactions: Zbynek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille