Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Avs | OTW | The ranch (team) comes first!

Who is worse:

• Ruh

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Dumo

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I think we’ve reached a new low on this site, defending Casey DeSmith after one good game. I haven’t heard a hot take this bad since those claiming Jarry isn’t injury prone.

Well.... the glass half full approach would be to look at CDS's career stats and conclude that he is likely to be very good to end this season. His save percentages have been creeping up from the basement towards something that is OK for a backup.

I don't think that changes that there has been too many games in which he wasn't good enough, but at the same time the kind of defense he has had in front of him has been terrible. He is facing almost 33 shots on average this season, which is 10% more than any other season he's had, and in his last 5 games he has faced 41,4.
If we don't change that, it doesn't matter much who is in net. Less so as we are not even keeping teams to the outside.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I will try to talk @AlphaMikeFoxtrots into a desert roadtrip. Snowball's chance in hell, they're smarter than that, but JTNP IS a photographer's dream. Next time I'm bringing more than my iPhone.
I'm actually weighing a trip that would have me swing down from Oregon to NM to see my aunt in Santa Fe :laugh: I haven't decided if I'm mostly driving or flying the long stretches and driving in clusters, though.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Honestly didn't come into it expecting to win, as we usually don't come out strong after a long layaway. For every game we should have won, it's nice to have some bounces go our way, especially when the reffing was so inconsistent/atrocious.

A few points:
- we really need to find a way to reduce opposing shots. I don't know how far we can go getting 40-50 shots a game, and of those, many quality chances. We don't stand anybody up, take them out of the play, nor slow them down.
- i'm not really worried about shots-for, as honestly quality matters over quantity.
- wondering if the rest fixed some nagging little niggle type injury for CDS. I'm really rooting for him to come back to form from a few years ago.
- 3rd line still sucks :(
- Malkin/Crosby/Letang are pretty good :).

Ultimately glad we got the 2 points!

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Moab and Durango are worthy ways to break up that drive.
I did an Arches/Moab/Canyonlands trip with a side venture to Hovenweep that was fantastic. Highly recommend each stop. Some great eating in Moab, too! I've heard good things about Durango; my mom used to work for a highly specialized travel outfit planning custom trips for people wanting to explore the Rockies/PNW, and she got sent on a lot of scouting trips.

Iirc, one was a pack trip outside Durango where one of the pack horses spooked at a cougar, fell off a cliff, got caught up on a scraggly, tough little nothing of a tree sticking out, and they were able to guide it back to safety :eek3: (I cannot verify this, mind :laugh:) Everyone was real glad to get back into the town proper after that!

Edit: edit-y things 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I did an Arches/Moab/Canyonlands trip with a side venture to Hovenweep that was fantastic. Highly recommend each stop. Some great eating in Moab, too! I've heard good things about Durango; my mom used to be work for a highly specialized travel outfit planning custom trips for people wanting to explore the Rockies/PNW, and she got sent on a lot of scouting trips.

Iirc, one was a pack trip outside Durango where one of the pack horses spooked at a cougar, fell off a cliff, and got caught up on a scraggly, tough little nothing of a tree sticking out and they were able to guide it back to safety :eek3: (I cannot verify this, mind :laugh:) Everyone was real glad to get back into the town proper after that!
that is an awesome story. Probably best read about versus experiencing proper!

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Well.... the glass half full approach would be to look at CDS's career stats and conclude that he is likely to be very good to end this season. His save percentages have been creeping up from the basement towards something that is OK for a backup.

I don't think that changes that there has been too many games in which he wasn't good enough, but at the same time the kind of defense he has had in front of him has been terrible. He is facing almost 33 shots on average this season, which is 10% more than any other season he's had, and in his last 5 games he has faced 41,4.
If we don't change that, it doesn't matter much who is in net. Less so as we are not even keeping teams to the outside.
Desmith has been awwsome. Fantastic wins abd records come game after game.

Jarry is back after this weekend no? Tokarski will start tomorrow no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino