GDT: Pens v Oil. no one cares. still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Because the dumb narratives of he would be hired within seconds and who will they hire in his place?

Never mind the fact he was a nobody before he was hired here.
I think we all know that eventually Keefe will end up coach for the pens so.....both keefe and Sully have their new contracts kick in next year.....trade coaches? has that ever been done?

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Even if it's too late i'd fire Sully right now anyway. Only need 5 wins lol.
lol, wouldn’t that be something? Even if all we’re doing is setting up next year, we can at least dodge the bullet of the draft pick going to SJS. Finish middle of the pack, Turn it over this year and protect ourselves for 2025

But Jesus Christ, if we see the rest of the team pulled down completely (Rust, EK, Petts, Jarry traded) and the core retire, while MS is still the coach through it all, I swear to god I’ll have to walk away from this sport for my own mental health

Reactions: 66-30-33

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
I've never seen Sid less engaged than in the past week. Malkin is looking more and more washed by the game. Letang has been in a dense fog for a week, and Karlsson has been invisible. That's a lot of money and term not only not producing, but but performing in an aggressively poor fashion.

The core three have done great things for this team over the years, but the bell is tolling louder by the game. As for Karlsson, I've said before and I'll say it again - he has been a disaster.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
If he didn't, he would've fired him by now..
that’s the simplest explanation but I don’t know if I believe it.

Dubas is a young guy, part of the analytical gen who prizes analysis in team building and deal making, right? Why would he have so much devotion to some Masshole dinosaur that he’s willing to destroy his entire reputation within 12 months of taking this job.

Meanwhile we know FSG love Sullivan far too much. They’ve given him unheard of amounts of job security when he hadn’t earned it. THAT was going on before Dubas even got here.

Now Dubas looks like a f***ing fool because “his team” has imploded after he brought a 4th HOFer into the mix. And we think somehow he doesn’t believe the coach is responsible? And is drinking the same kool aid as FSG? And refuses to play the most obvious card in front of him, because he’s fallen so in love with Sully in 8 months?

The above doesn’t make any sense to me either. It’s as nonsensical as the army of leaf fans with their jilted lover “Dubas wants to keep sullivan bc he knows they will lose and wants someone else taking the blame” theories

Reactions: Andy99

myleafs

May 25, 2021
that’s the simplest explanation but I don’t know if I believe it.

Dubas is a young guy, part of the analytical gen who prizes analysis in team building and deal making, right? Why would he have so much devotion to some Masshole dinosaur that he’s willing to destroy his entire reputation within 12 months of taking this job.

Meanwhile we know FSG love Sullivan far too much. They’ve given him unheard of amounts of job security when he hadn’t earned it. THAT was going on before Dubas even got here.

Now Dubas looks like a f***ing fool because “his team” has imploded after he brought a 4th HOFer into the mix. And we think somehow he doesn’t believe the coach is responsible? And is drinking the same kool aid as FSG? And refuses to play the most obvious card in front of him, because he’s fallen so in love with Sully in 8 months?

The above doesn’t make any sense to me either. It’s as nonsensical as the army of leaf fans with their jilted lover “Dubas wants to keep sullivan bc he knows they will lose and wants someone else taking the blame” theories
Apparently Im not allowed to discuss in other teams forums or somebody gets mad....however as a leaf fan I have not heard that one...in fact im in favor of trading your coach for ours.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I think we all know that eventually Keefe will end up coach for the pens so.....both keefe and Sully have their new contracts kick in next year.....trade coaches? has that ever been done?
You can have him for free.

Reactions: Andy99

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Apparently Im not allowed to discuss in other teams forums or somebody gets mad....however as a leaf fan I have not heard that one...in fact im in favor of trading your coach for ours.
Yeah, we heard you the first few times you said it. But the “woe is me” victim act is pretty lame.

If you want Sullivan you’re welcome to him, keep Keefe as is assistant since Riordan can only manage a 13% power play. Personally I’d rather step away from the merry go round of coaching failures.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Yeah, we heard you the first few times you said it. But the “woe is me” victim act is pretty lame.

If you want Sullivan you’re welcome to him, keep Keefe as is assistant since Riordan can only manage a 13% power play. Personally I’d rather step away from the merry go round of coaching failures.
woe is me act? okeedokee...lol i come in peace for gods sake. I have followed the pens for a long time...Lemieux was my fave player for his whole career. Crosby one of my fave players of all time as well. I like to talk hockey. Thats it, no agenda.

Fans are not happy with keefe...pens fans not happy with sully. IMO both coaches have just gone stale and could use a change of scenery.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
woe is me act? okeedokee...lol i come in peace for gods sake. I have followed the pens for a long time...Lemieux was my fave player for his whole career. Crosby one of my fave players of all time as well. I like to talk hockey. Thats it, no agenda.

Fans are not happy with keefe...pens fans not happy with sully. IMO both coaches have just gone stale and could use a change of scenery.
What are your insights on Bunting?

myleafs

May 25, 2021
What are your insights on Bunting?
I haven't followed in him Carolina but while in Toronto I liked Bunting. He will give an honest effort most nights. He likes to agitate and scrum after the whistle but not really interested in fighting, but he will stick up for his team if he has to. He played a pretty good third wheel with our best players.. And he has a bit of offensive iq in him. Biggest negative I guess while in Toronto is he got on the bad side of the refs for various reasons such as diving, complaining and overall being a bit of a dbag towards them, which of course did him no favors. I assume he has cleaned that part of his game up. I would have liked to keep him, he just priced himself out of staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad