GDT: Pens v Oil. no one cares. still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
It's honestly incredible that Dubas is going to watch this season unfold like this and then keep Mike Sullivan next year.

I hate to peddle conspiracy theories but at this point you have to wonder if Sid and/or FSG just don't want Sully fired. There's no other reason to keep him.

Dubas is many things but I don't think he's an idiot. He can't possibly be blind to what's going on.
I mean I don’t personally think Dubas really believes any of the shit he says about Sullivan. He has seen this team degrade from the outside in Toronto for years, he can’t be under any real illusions. I think he spouts that garbage bc Sullivan is the king here and Dubas has to be smart, politically.

I think he did the EK deal because it was a Hail Mary and cleared cap. I don’t think he fully understood when he took this job how deep MS’s hooks are in the franchise. So if he was thinking “I can always fire the coach” maybe a mediocre start to the season disabused him of that notion when he got the measure of the PensOrg.

Again, not being conspiratorial, either. But right now Dubas looks like a f***ing idiot for coming here, and the only card he has left to play is firing a declining coach.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean I don’t personally think Dubas really believes any of the shit he says about Sullivan. He has seen this team degrade from the outside in Toronto for years, he can’t be under any real illusions. I think he spouts that garbage bc Sullivan is the king here and Dubas has to be smart, politically.

I think he did the EK deal because it was a Hail Mary and cleared cap. I don’t think he fully understood when he took this job how deep MS’s hooks are in the franchise. So if he was thinking “I can always fire the coach” maybe a mediocre start to the season disabused him of that notion when he got the measure of the PensOrg.

Again, not being conspiratorial, either. But right now Dubas looks like a f***ing idiot for coming here, and the only card he has left to play is firing a declining coach.

If he didn't, he would've fired him by now..

Letang was benched but still up at 26 minutes lol.. nice message to send.

Why we are playing Kris Letang 26 minutes in a game we are clearly aren't winning is bizarre...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Tank-wise I'm not sure we can finish much worse than where we're at right now. Montreal is 6 points behind us.

That's a lot of suck to get past them.

Feels like the worst we might finish is 8th in the league.

I have faith in Sully and the players to quit harder than that though. Pull it off boys! If this team sucks hard enough they could probably catch Columbus and be 4th worst. I don't think they could possibly do bad enough to catch Anaheim, Chicago, or SJ though.

Reactions: Jacob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad