Post-Game Talk: Pens try to play hockey against Isles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
This is actually sarcasm right?

This team is focused on a cup. They could careless about the Islanders treating game 73 like round 2 of the playoffs.

Seriously, if the Penguins were playing with the level of compete the Isles were tonight, I’d be confused.

Are you saying that Pens are delusional and believe that they already clinched playoff spot and HIA?

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I worry about the pens defensemen and their pk. I don't worry about them missing the playoffs or losing games like this in the playoffs.

Team D and skating will be much better.

How about scoring more than 1 on god awful Isles defense and third string goalie?

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
We were so much better before the deadline.

Have to think JR messed with the locker room. They look joyless out there. Uninspired. Nothing to play for.

Yes, they were playing for Ian Cole and Philip Gustafsson all these years.

Oh and for Reaves of course. How could I forget about him.

Even though he wasn't even on the team both times they won they Cup - they were playing for him, and now GMJR ruined it.

House of tpo

Oct 20, 2017
Ever since the trade for bras we've been pretty bad i was one who loved the deal but im starting to think he's a bad fit ,a good hockey player but just a bad fit

Reactions: NJPensFan5

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Where to start?
I think the overarching theme of this game was sloppy. I do not feel HCMS has any semblance of control with this team. There really wasn't a good reason to come out so flat against the Isles, but that is exactly what they did.

Gave up 5 PPs. No discipline at all. Down by one goal and Malkin is trying to do too much. Bad penalty.

Forwards flying the zone without the puck support. Everyone just standing around waiting for a pass while another team forechecks the Pens to death. Pretty hard to be an offensive juggernaut when you can't get out of your own end. Nothing changed with the game plan to adjust to the pressure.

+ Murray. The only reason they were in the game.
~Sheary. He scored and looked remotely effective on occasion.
~Sid. He looked a bit more into this game.
- - - - Everyone else.

No puck support. No adjustment to the pressure. No fire lit under the players. Not the worst game I've seen them play this year, but it certainly wasn't far off from it.

Let's hope tonight is better.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He's such a lazy entitled idiot. So puffed up with two underserved Conn Smythes all the media driven BS talk of "superstar with the attitude of a grinder". He really ticks me off with his attitude and constant underperforming.
A player with his amount of talent should score a lot more points than he does every year. He should have carried the team in playoffs every spring in 2010 and 2102-2015. Instead he just coasted and waited for GM to hire Sully and get Kessel and a bunch supereffective depth guys who carried him on their backs to two Cups where he was handed two artificial Conn Smythe awards because he is "the face of the game" and big bosses need to promote the game to raise revenue.
And this season he is surpassing everything he pulled off before.
Disgusting.

What the ever-loving f***?

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Who on this team is going to hold players accountable for not playing hard though? Who in the locker room is going to speak up? Guys like Hainsey, Cullen, Daley, Kunitz, and yeah, Cole and Reaves are sorely missed.

And also, it seems like Brassard is the only trade accusation this deadline that isn't doing anything. And considering he was a big ticket item, that's problematic right now. I mean, even vet plug Eric Fehr has 3 goals in his last 5 games with the Sharks.

How come you even ask? Crosby of course! Hasn't he been universally touted as one of the best leaders in the league, having led the team to two Cups in a row and thus getting the Conn Smythe both times?

Oh wait, it appears he himself sorely needs to be held accountable and kicked in the butt on the regular basis?! Oh no...

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
This is Sid's "worst" season of his career.

His lack of skating/hustle on every play is really hurting his production and the team. He's invisible most shifts.

Reactions: Angrrus

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Textbook "headless optimist". We all know one of those.

Competing for playoff spot in a tight division, and hopefully for home ice advantage - isn't in "when it counts"?
They have like an 8-10 point cushion on the wild card spot with 6 of their final 9 games on home ice. They’re making the playoffs. “When it counts” starts at puck drop of the first playoff game. History tells us they’ll be more than ready.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
+ I seem to miss the games the Pens totally blow. Win for me.
- There goes the Art, Rocket, and Hart. That's the biggest disappointment.

Reactions: Dey so soff*

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
You have the right to call athletes “jerks” and “lazy” because they lost a game of hockey, just keep in mind others have the right to think you look like an overreacting fool.

The difference is - it's not my job to look good in the eyes of others. I couldn't care less what these internet "others" think of me. But these athletes' job is to play well in front of people who pay to watch them. And they suck miserably at it at the moment.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Yes, they were playing for Ian Cole and Philip Gustafsson all these years.

Oh and for Reaves of course. How could I forget about him.

Even though he wasn't even on the team both times they won they Cup - they were playing for him, and now GMJR ruined it.

Hmm... have you ever heard of team chemistry??? Oh, that only exists in fantasy-land you say?

The easiest path for JR to have to take at the TDL was simply upgrading the 4th line with a C. Could have been done on the cheap and you wouldn't have nuked 2 top prospects. But people here in and the organization wanted their Brassard, and now you have him.

Bottom line, the team hasn't looked great since the acquisition and their 4th line still blows.

Maybe when ZAR and Simon are back the lineup finally makes sense for 4 lines, but that's depending on Sully to make the right choices which he hasn't done very much of this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJPensFan5

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think my ignore list will grow by two sizes soon.

Brassard was our best payer last night.

He’s looking like he’s figuring things out even if Kessel isn’t right. He’s looking more aggressive now. Sheahan also had some good shifts last night and so did Jooris. It wasn’t a complete shitshow of a game, just mostly.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
I think my ignore list will grow by two sizes soon.

He’s looking like he’s figuring things out even if Kessel isn’t right. He’s looking more aggressive now. Sheahan also had some good shifts last night and so did Jooris. It wasn’t a complete ****show of a game, just mostly.
Do you think it maybe isn't all player related, but possibly not an adjustment to the game via a game plan change or adjustment by the coaching staff? I mean some were bad last night, but it just didn't feel like the coach was leading anyone but rather just juggling the lines to look for a spark rather than an actual plan to address the forecheck.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
They don't. Games in genaral don't mean anything until the postseason. Even then. It doesn't matter that much...we are back to back Champs. Can't win every year.

Attitude like this just really makes me want to vomit. And how can you say games in regular season don't mean anything? They are the ones that get you to playoffs and to best possible spot and gives your team the mentality of winning and giving a shit. Some fan you are.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
He's a center...no wait,,,he's a wing....no wait he's a center...lol HCMS looking for a spark might be doing a bit TOO much juggling.
Wasn’t he acquired for the specific reason of having superior depth down the middle???

Now he’s being moved all over the lineup in a “let’s throw some **** at the wall and see if anything sticks” move?

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Do you think it maybe isn't all player related, but possibly not an adjustment to the game via a game plan change or adjustment by the coaching staff? I mean some were bad last night, but it just didn't feel like the coach was leading anyone but rather just juggling the lines to look for a spark rather than an actual plan to address the forecheck.

I don’t think the coaching staff is innocent in this, nor are they the only problem.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Wasn’t he acquired for the specific reason of having superior depth down the middle???

Now he’s being moved all over the lineup in a “let’s throw some **** at the wall and see if anything sticks” move?
It works sometimes, right? But with a guy who is just getting acquainted to the team it seems a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad