Salary Cap: Pens trade talk Episode XXIV: Sleepy where are you?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think what Geno's line is missing isn't a Neal. Kapanen can shoot. It's a Jokinen type. A smart playmaker that is also defensively responsible.

Of the non playoff teams, who's out there the Pens can get even as a rental?

Edit:

Vladimir Namestnikov - fits the bill, although not physical and might make the line soft according to some here, but smart at both ends, gold hands with playmaking and Ufa. He can also play LW/C.

Nick Paul - Big and physical and he plays the pk. More of a playmaker in the NHL but less consistent than Namestnikov. Also a free agent at end of season and could be a good add for Geno's line with being able to play LW/C. He's been mentioned by a lot here as well.

If it's Paul I'd want to get Josh Brown as well as a depth 7th RHD rental. For the size queen's, Paul and Brown fit the bill. Namestnikov adds more skill than Paul but Paul could be what Geno needs and he has decent hands.

Paul-Malkin-Kapanen has a better mix than what he's getting.

But I kind of like Namestnikov. He's fast, smart, has better numbers and is also a very good player on both special teams and he's not as soft as he's made to seem.

Marchand vs Namestnikov

Now team mates lol

Namestnikov-Malkin-Kapanen - This helps all involved.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Actually the more I think about it the more I'd be down with Namestnikov being the lad they trade for as a rental. He's smarter with the puck than Nick Paul, offensive hockey IQ is better. Geno deserves that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad