Confirmed with Link: Pens trade for Spencer Machacek

ThatGuy

Dec 21, 2006
how does a guy that has almost always been in the AHL get 9 points in 13 games with Winnipeg?

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
We signed Thompson and Gibbons right around the same time. I had higher hopes for Thompson but Gibbons obviously panned out better over the last year and this. I know next to nothing about Machacek though.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I guess the obvious question (apart from "who is Spencer Machanek?") would be "why the Hell would Winnipeg send a guy with his NHL numbers back down?"

If he was tiny, I might understand, but 9 points in 13 games with the Jets gets him an AHL assignment and he's never given a second chance...I don't get it.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Oh, thank Shero it wasn't for Despres. Sooo what's to be expected from him? The saviour or AHL body that they'll call up and get injured.

He's looked alright in his cup(s) of coffee in the NHL. Might not be a bad bottom 6 pickup, but I'd say that's his ceiling.

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
The Hockey News - Forecaster said:
Assets: Has a motor that doesn't know the word 'quit'. Possesses leadership qualities and sound two-way instincts for the game. Also displays NHL size.

Flaws: The jury is out on his scoring upside at the highest level. Must add even more strength to better be able to become a more physical performer.

Career Potential: Gritty depth winger with a little upside.

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?6196

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
If the Jets get Trevor Smith they can reunite WBS' top line ( I think) from the lockout!

Thanks to Paul Thompson for the best moment of my time as a WBS season ticket holder, though. That OT winner with second left was nifty.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
1384186346746.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad